Corsair Community

No Device Detected after recent update

Jaybonaut

I have a RGB K70.

iCUE is 3.13.94, firmware is now 3.08.

I think I was running 2.xx and an older firmware although I don't know what version it was prior to the update.

On a whim I thought I would look up new profiles as I had been running the same one for quite a long time. This led to me checking for those two updates (firmware and software) through the iCUE software I had.

Now all of a sudden I am running into this issue listed in the topic. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled, repaired, etc. The one thing that works is going into Device Manager and uninstalling the 'Corsair composite virtual input device.' Upon reboot it works.....

...however, upon the next reboot it does not. I have to repeat the process. Is there anything I can try? Running Win 10 1809. I would appreciate any assistance. Do I need to dig into the registry? etc. :sigh!:

On your next boot sign in as normal, then once booted sign out and sign back in again got to do this virtually every time with mine the odd time it may work first boot. Let me know if that works? Still trying to find a solution to mine ;(

I'm expriencing something similar, but in my case, the problem occurs if I log in immediately after the Win10 login prompt appears. iCUE will also complain that there are no devices detected. If I kill and restart iCUE, it _may_ detect my kbd and mouse. But sometime it won't.

However, I noticed that if I don't log in immediately after booting up, but instead, wait for my keyboard's and mouse's rgb effects to start, everything is fine. So after powering on and booting up, I'd have to wait until iCUE kicks in before I log in.

same problem here with my k95 on windows 7 64 bit ultimate. A reboot fixes the problem. Not sure if it's after hibernate or after screensaver. I do have a profile it switches to when in screensaver so that the lights blank out.

And it turns out that the profile change thing I had to do to turn off the lights has been undone at some point by icue. It worked like thus:

Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post

Why would you not want to see all the flashing lights?!?!?! jk

Here is a workaround you can do so the lights shutoff when you lock your screen:

1) Create a new profile in CUE

2) Select your devices, and set all the lighting to black - no light basically

3) Save the profile to device memory

4) Select and resume your usual profiles

This will basically makes it so the devices will display no color when they have no communication with the CUE software. If you move the device to another computer, there will be no lighting unless it has CUE installed.

Thanks for the help! Personally I was trying to re-enable the red backlighting when Windows was locked (somehow I disabled it). So in my case:

1.) I made a new profile "Switch"

2.) Added a new Mode for a total of two Modes

3.) named one Mode Lock and in the lighting tab set all keys to constant red (no effect).

4.) edited the Default mode to have my preferred lighting (wave).

5.) I dragged the Lock Mode above Default Mode

6.) then clicked the icon next to the Profile name and clicked Save Profile to Device Memory.

This enables my Lock mode (which now had the little chipset icon next to the name) when my computer is Locked, but switches to Default when I'm logged in.

Killed iCue.exe, Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe, Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe, and Corsair.Service.exe. I then relaunched iCue, which reactivated all the others, No Device Detected (after confirming on boot that's how it started.

Rebooting again to see if I get lucky (seems to be 50/50.) Is there a way to delay it during boot perhaps that might ensure it works?

• Corsair Employee

Hi guys,

This tends to happen because too many programs are attempting to connect and log the USB devices connected the to the computer (those of you who are experiencing this at boot I mean). The easiest way around this is to just turn off the Start on System Startup option in iCUE, and open it manually once the computer has logged in. You can also try turning down your polling rate's in the Settings options, as lowering it might decrease the possibility of interference.

@jaybonaut

Your issue sounds unrelated to what the others are complaining of. What is the switch on the back of your keyboard currently set to? Does the keyboard entry appear if you close iCUE from your task manager and then reopen it?

Hi guys,

This tends to happen because too many programs are attempting to connect and log the USB devices connected the to the computer (those of you who are experiencing this at boot I mean). The easiest way around this is to just turn off the Start on System Startup option in iCUE, and open it manually once the computer has logged in. You can also try turning down your polling rate's in the Settings options, as lowering it might decrease the possibility of interference.

@jaybonaut

Your issue sounds unrelated to what the others are complaining of. What is the switch on the back of your keyboard currently set to? Does the keyboard entry appear if you close iCUE from your task manager and then reopen it?

Setting is 1 on a K70. No.

• 2 weeks later...