Corsair Community

msi 865pe & twinx512 3200LL unstable

stivirino

Hi Guys, After a month, I finally put together my new system, [list] [*]MSI 865pe neo2 LS (Bios 1.4) [*]P4 2.8c 800mhz [*]twinx512 3200LL [/list] I get suden restarts every hour the least. W-XP pro is acting up much more than usual. PAT is partially enabled, acording to ctiaw and most sugested timings I tried from reading every post here ended in poor or worst results. I just hit the esc key after Mem Test-86 3.0 gave me 2passed and 28,000 fails. Where should I go from here? What can you suggest, please help. :( :(

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest8.com[/url] and please also make sure you have the latest bios as well and then please set the timings to By SPD and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and if you have legacy USB support please disable it. Ram Guy

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, Let's try replacing your modules, Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmicro.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

My question is: Would I have been better off choosing the xms 3500 or 3700 instead of these 3200 LL. I don't need to do any overclocking for know, all though the automatic OC feature of the board is what kinda sold me. And I wanted to get the best posible performance memory just in case. Exchanging these 3200 LL for the 35 or 3700 is still a option. What do you guys think??:!:

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but we would not be able to process this type of transaction. We do not sell direct and have no way to process this or change to another-part #. We can only exchange for the same part that you send in. But if your reseller will let you, I would ask for XMS3500C2 2 sticks as they may work a bit better. But the 3200LL modules I have tested on this MB and had no problem at all. So I think either you just got a bad module or there is some other problem. Ram Guy

I got the RMA from NewEgg for the 3200LL, and ordered the recomended 3500c2 that should be arriving today, it is the same one used by THG when they compared it to other 865's and got the outstanding results and recomendation for this board. I hope it works the same for me since other reviewers didn't have that much luck with this msi board. I might however have another issue with the +12v comming from the PSU @ slightly under the 12V. We'll see about that once I correct the memory. Thanx a lot Ramguy for your help, I really apreciate your input and guidence.

Archived