Corsair Community

Better MegaRainbow <Rainbow>

Better MegaRainbow:

K95 Download

K70 Download (it is a little different, per request. Tested and works fine!)

A rainbow glides smoothly and slowly across the K95. Fun Fact: it actually works side by side with my other K95 seamlessly as shown in the video. My K95s seem to be using different brightness levels--this is not the case! See my White Keyboard Cover Mod for the details!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hfwExEHLM]Epic YouTube link[/ame]

My profiles are typically too big to upload to corsair's forums because my rainbow profiles include actual per-key gradients with the maximum number of color markers to represent the top of the RGB Spectrum (1530 colors per key-that's a lot of data)

FEATURES:

mode1--Better MegaRainbow

mode2--Static Rainbow Background for typing

mode3--Ultimate Laggless Rainbow Profile included as Mode 3

White Reactive Typing on all modes

• 2 weeks later...

perhaps. I will have to get someone to convert the profile for me though, as I am unsure if the new CUE has messed with how the conversion goes.

I'll try to create a K70 profile moving the other way for all you little keyboard users ;) i kid i kid

EDIT: the k70 version was easy to make. it took me about a half hour. I hope you can all enjoy it! let me know if it works or not. Again, it is too large to attach to corsair's site, so please use the download link here for the K70 version.

Hey, I already converted it for the K70 up in OP. If you could test it for me, that would be awesome. I used the profile converter tool (which I have no idea how to test to see if it still works)

If my conversion is broke pls do the conversion for me and then PM me so I can do it correctly in the future.:sunglasse

Hey, I already converted it for the K70 up in OP. If you could test it for me, that would be awesome. I used the profile converter tool (which I have no idea how to test to see if it still works)

If my conversion is broke pls do the conversion for me and then PM me so I can do it correctly in the future.:sunglasse

I actually dont convert them by moding the XML anymore i export the mode then import them on a K70 and K65

• 4 months later...

I would not recommend using 16.8 million color mode with this profile (it will flicker unless you're using a STRAFE RGB, which I don't think the profile will work on)

The profile works great in the 512 color mode. In fact, the recording is in the 512 color mode. :)

The color amounts and shifts are greater than the default rainbow profile the keyboard loaded? Also before I download, how does this change modes? Cause I'm hoping it's not any actual key combo on my keyboard, never was a fan of that, I'd rather go into the utility and just select a different mode (which honestly just the scrolling rainbow one aka the first is fine). My only other issue with the profile was already long long resolved since it looks like you already swapped the way it scrolls for k70's. Either way the video alone makes that profile look epic, the amount of time you must have spent must be insane.

The default rainbow is different than this one. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I perceive that my profile is smoother (just compared the two). Also this profile follows the shape of the keyboard better I think. Instead of left, right, up, or down, it follows a slight slant depending on where it is on the keyboard.

The mode switch for the K95 rgb is easy - M1, M2, and M3 on the keyboard. For the K70rgb, there is no mode switching outside of the utility. If you feel like it, you can assign any switch to be mode switching - I didn't do that for you.

Thank you for the compliment :) It did take me a while to make the profile.

If I wanted the windows lock key to be default and not color shifting (when its locked its off on your profile, and that i personalyl dont like) how to i remove the features on it alone so I can get the default locked / unlocked colors? Or rather, when it's not in use would it not be better for it to be off, but in use (Always) be color shifting like the rest of the keyboard?

If I wanted the windows lock key to be default and not color shifting (when its locked its off on your profile, and that i personalyl dont like) how to i remove the features on it alone so I can get the default locked / unlocked colors? Or rather, when it's not in use would it not be better for it to be off, but in use (Always) be color shifting like the rest of the keyboard?

go to Profile -> Lighting, right click the window icon set to default. Then you can go in to indicator to customize it.

Love it! before I was using somebody else's mega rainbow profile meant for the K70s but the G-keys would flow the opposite way and now you my savior came along and fixed it all! Quick question are M-buttons, keyboard brightness button and window locks button suppose to stay one color or change?

I'm not home right now so I cant check until later for sure, but I commonly design my profiles with three or more modes. This one has three modes and I make an effort to let the M buttons tell you what mode you're in. So the first mode should have a rainbow on the M1 button while the M2 and M3 are static. The second mode is static, so M2 should be static but a different color than M1 and M3. Mode 3 is a rainbow pulse, so the M3 button should be pulsing with the rainbow.

I don't think I ever change the brightness indicator... I'll try it out and se if it's a detail worth adding in any of my future profiles.

Regarding the lock button, I seem to remember having it follow the rainbows in each mode when it's turned on. I'll update this post when I am home later today with answers I'm certain of - these are just from my memory.

Overall, I tried to maintain the functionality of how the top row displays information over turning the entire keyboard into a light show. It was a design compromise, and I understand that other people have different - but equally cool - ideas :)

I'm not home right now so I cant check until later for sure, but I commonly design my profiles with three or more modes. This one has three modes and I make an effort to let the M buttons tell you what mode you're in. So the first mode should have a rainbow on the M1 button while the M2 and M3 are static. The second mode is static, so M2 should be static but a different color than M1 and M3. Mode 3 is a rainbow pulse, so the M3 button should be pulsing with the rainbow.

I don't think I ever change the brightness indicator... I'll try it out and se if it's a detail worth adding in any of my future profiles.

Regarding the lock button, I seem to remember having it follow the rainbows in each mode when it's turned on. I'll update this post when I am home later today with answers I'm certain of - these are just from my memory.

Overall, I tried to maintain the functionality of how the top row displays information over turning the entire keyboard into a light show. It was a design compromise, and I understand that other people have different - but equally cool - ideas :)

Haha it is no problem I love it already the way it is! Just thought it would be cool for the entire keyboard to have a flowing rainbow, thanks and keep up the hard work =)

Haha it is no problem I love it already the way it is! Just thought it would be cool for the entire keyboard to have a flowing rainbow, thanks and keep up the hard work =)

If you want to customize the profile that way, just right click the keys you want the indicators to match up with. This will give you the name of that particular lighting effect. Clear the lighting on the indicator, and apply the effect you just found to the indicator you just cleared :)

In the mode list on the left side of CUE, you can drag it up to the M1 position. You then have to set the profile as default by right clicking that hamburger icon next to the profile name. In the same menu you can also store the profile to the device memory.

Keep in mind that the animation will not work unless CUE is running. The board stores static lighting information only. No animations, no macros. Once CUE launches the enire profile will be available:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived