Corsair Community

So now what do I do? No recourse for out of stocked order.

refuge9

So I ordered a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB with Cherry MX Blue switches on October 4th, 2014. When I ordered it, supposedly the keyboard was in stock. However, it turns out the stock was out at that time. I waited very patiently for a month, then two months, then 3 months. Then, after months of watching forum posts here, I find, buried in someone else's posts, that the RGB MX blue line has been cancelled completely. So now, I have a order on Amazon for a keyboard that will never ever arrive. I would be willing to substitute a K70 Vengeance RGB MX Brown instead, however, those keyboards are currently $80 more than what I paid for the Blue switched keyboard that is not going to be shipped. Originally, when I ordered this keyboard, the cost of the red, browns, and blues were all the same. $169. Now, the MX Brown is $249. Plus, I have not been informed by Amazon that the MX blues have been discontinued, and the only reason I know it's been discontinued is because I was trolling through the posts here. So here is my problem:

1) Corsair has absolutely, 100% dropped the ball on this. Not a little, but a LOT. I have received No Communication from them about this, nor have I received one from Amazon. This is deplorable customer Service, and the only reason I know of this fact isn't from a news statement on their website, or even a sticky topic in the forum, but a buried post inside a customers topic.

2) I could cancel my order with Amazon, and re-order a K70 MX brown, but I would have to pay an extra $80 to get the brown, for a keyboard that was originally the same price as the keyboard I originally ordered. Had I known there wouldn't be blues (a product that was announced, and was actually once shipped) I would have ordered the brown.

3) Even if I do cancel my order, and get the Brown switched K70 RGB, I will now be at the back of the waiting list. A waiting list that I have already spent over 3 months on. I have been anticipating this keyboard since it's original announcement last year, and I ordered mine as soon as I knew they were available. Then, on top of the wait from announcement to availability, I have now waited an entire quarter of a year, just to find out I will NEVER receive the keyboard I ordered, and have to go to the back of the queue to get the second choice.

4) The 'Corsair Gaming' logo is ugly, and I was never aware there was going to be a 'vengeance' logo available, or I would have bought that edition instead. Once again, I only found this out from trolling the forums.

So now what do I do? I've been strung along by Corsair for months on this, and now, to get the keyboard I do want (And don't get me wrong, I -really really- want this keyboard. None of the other RGB Mech keyboards meet my requirements at all. The corsair meets it in spades). I don't want to have to pay a premium when I -shouldn't- have to pay a premium, and I don't want to have to wait another 3 months for the 'backup plan'. I don't know who to contact about this, as Amazon can only cancel the order, and sell me the 'new' one.

Edit: Just to clarify, the MX Brown is not someone selling an MX brown at a premium. According to Amazon, it is Corsair themselves selling the keyboard on amazon at that price. URL: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4OBEIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT #2: YES, I REALIZE THE LINK I POSTED EARLIER IS ACTUALLY A THIRD PARTY SELLER, AND NOT CORSAIR. I MISTOOK 'by Corsair' TO MEAN 'sold by' WHICH IS A DIFFERENT PART OF THE PAGE. THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE THREAD. PLEASE STOP TELLING ME. THAT DOESN'T ANSWER THE ACTUAL PROBLEM.

It's not Corsair selling the keyboard, it's Midwestern Company.

http://i.imgur.com/JHIgSjg.jpg

However I noticed that today Corsair has bumped up the price for the K70 RGB from $169 to $199. http://gaming.corsair.com/en/corsair-gaming-k70-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown

For crying out loud Corsair!!!! I understand there is high demand for your products, especially the RGB keyboard line, but come on - cashing in on the fact you have so many people waiting in line for these products doesn't mean you can just bump the price nearly 20%.

I am considering buying a keyboard from another manufacturer, even though I have the K70 RGB on pre-order at my local store and this price bump shouldn't affect me personally, however this move for me is just too much. This forum is plastered with issues regarding the software, some are having hardware issues, and almost zero communication apart from one person from Corsair. You'd think that an official forum would have more participation from the staff, more information given out - right now we're just sharing what we know from wherever. The fact that you're almost keeping information secret regarding when certain products will be available from certain stores is just stupid. My local store has no idea of the ETA when they will have any RGB keyboards in stock, no info is given to them or their suppliers. What the hell Corsair?! If we'd know when and where to buy these products we could wait patiently knowing that we'll be able to purchase them, instead we see users complaining on having pre-orders for months and no word on when they will be fulfilled. And now you bump up the price for no apparent reason apart from cashing in on the high demand. Great..

I now am afraid to own any products from Corsair, as users here and on reddit complain of poor customer service. It's apparent from this forum that there is a lack in terms of communication and support. Only when users publicly complain about this are they then treated like they should've been in the first place. The fact that I'm living in a country that Corsair doesn't have an official supplier, means that if I do have issues, I'll have to deal with them directly and that's something I do not wish to do.

I'll wait this ***** storm out, hopefully Corsair starts communicating with their clients and clients-to-be, provides necessary details regarding stock, time frames, quantities etc. Right now so many people want the old logo back on their products, and you haven't said a word, just rumors flying around ON YOUR OWN FORUM!!!! How are you allowing this??

Your edit is slightly incorrect, this is what I see when I follow your link:

249.99$ Sold by Midwestern Company and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

All the 3 sellers currently listed are not Corsair: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N4OBD32/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

EDIT: just saw the post above mine, $199 is supposed to be the price for the K95 right? Maybe they updated wrongly the price for the K70 when updating other things.

EDIT: just saw the post above mine, $199 is supposed to be the price for the K95 right? Maybe they updated wrongly the price for the K70 when updating other things.
They also increased the price of the K95 to $229 http://gaming.corsair.com/en/corsair-gaming-k95-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown

I'm so disappointed with Corsair. One thing is high demand with low supply and customers patiently waiting for their products, but increase the price out of thin air just because there is such high demand is such a cheap shot at customers, I just don't even ....

They also increased the price of the K95 to $229 http://gaming.corsair.com/en/corsair-gaming-k95-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown

I'm so disappointed with Corsair. One thing is high demand with low supply and customers patiently waiting for their products, but increase the price out of thin air just because there is such high demand is such a cheap shot at customers, I just don't even ....

Well... no way to think it's an error if both were raised then :\

Well... no way to think it's an error if both were raised then :\
Of course it's not. These are the only 2 keyboards I've had my eye on for a while, I'm not sure about the others, maybe they received a price increase too.

Corsair - start communicating. Just because you have one person from your staff on this forum means nothing, if all he can do is reply with generic "RMA your device", "contact support" etc. There are customers here who are waiting for answers.

So they are raising their own prices because they can't keep up with their own supply? What a joke...
My thoughts exactly, I'm guessing they're expecting a restock soon, so they bumped the prices up beforehand. The respect for this company in my eyes has just plummeted, I'm seriously considering getting a keyboard from another brand, who actually HAVE their products in stock worldwide..

What should you do now? You can do what I did and speak with your money. Go with a competitor. The other tramp stamp brand that released their RGB keyboards at the same time as Corsair just released an update to their software that allows high amounts of customization similar to CUE, has keys almost identical to MX Blues, and has stock available pretty much everywhere.

Discontinuing products, not communicating with their customer base as a whole, constant software issues, constant lack of stock, etc. were all reasons why I decided I'd finally had enough of waiting on what felt like a ~$200 beta test.

I still love my gaming headset from Corsair, but if you're "settling" for a product that costs nearly $200 then you're going to regret it eventually.

The problem for me, is that I'm jumping through hoops to get my hands on the K70 RGB Brown - it's nowhere to be found in my country. Newegg and similar websites don't ship here, most Amazon sellers also don't ship, whereas as Reonar Dauth put it - the other tramp stamp brand, has their keyboards in every shop in town, and cheaper.. Now Corsair bumped the price at their end, which will result in other stores also having to increase their prices, Newegg is already selling the browns for $249..

So yeah, great job Corsair, I'll wait another week for my local store to have the keyboard in stock and with great thx to the EU law, I can return it up to 2weeks after purchase (if that ever happens) for whatever reason and get store credit, so that if these issues persist (software/driver related), I'll be happy to exchange the product with the "other tramp stamp brand", even though I've been patiently waiting for the K70 with Brown switches ... Stop alienating your customer base Corsair :/

Edit:

This was addressed over 3 months ago: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132640
Great, show me where I can buy them for a normal non inflated price and get shipping to EU?

You're correct, I misread the seller vs the manufacturer, and thought it was the manufacturer. So it is an issue of someone trying to make an extra buck there.

However, my other points still stand (As does the pricing point if Corsair -HAS- raised the price to $200).

I've still not heard what can possible be done. The only real competitors are Logitech (I have a G19 currently, and I hate it. Awful keyboard, with compatibility problems, huge footprint, bad software, and it was more expensive than the K70 RGB, and isn't mechanical), and Razer, which doesn't have media keys, and therefore is a 100% no go for me. no volume dial, not sale. Not to mention the Corsair is just so much classier looking.

But it doesn't matter at all if I can't actually get one.

... Razer, which doesn't have media keys, and therefore is a 100% no go for me. no volume dial, not sale. Not to mention the Corsair is just so much classier looking.

But it doesn't matter at all if I can't actually get one.

I feel like I'm eventually gonna get in trouble for discussing things like this but I just have to say.. they do have media keys, just not dedicated media keys.

Then again, I still don't think you should have to settle when you're paying this much. Might be in your favor to wait to see if anyone else is going to be offering Keyboards with your exact needs if you're going to shell out this much.

Dedicated medias are very much preferred, but a volume knob of some sort is a must. No volume dial/knob, no deal. Also, the Chroma just looks cheap and clunky to me. That, and I've heard a LOT of rumblings of current Razer stuff only lasting about a year before failure.

The volume knob is one of the reasons I leaned towards the K70, along with a nicer overall look as well as the little things such as the font on the keys. But I'm now leaning towards a more conservative keyboard from a different manufacturer, no RGB lighting but solid build quality and little to no issues I can find online from owners.

The lack of communication, clarification and overall support by Corsair is mind blowing. Issues such as the caps lock bug haven't been solved for months, no staff member has contributed on the forum (that particular topic), whereas other hardware manufacturers, game developers etc. "send" their dev's on their forums as well as reddit to help diagnose issues, providing quick fixes and implementing those fixes permanently later on. Owners of Corsair products are forced to try and fix the problems themselves with unnecessary workarounds, the staff only provide generic answers with no real help or support.

It's sad, people pay a very high premium for these products and this is the

"thank you" Corsair gives to their clients. This is why I'm struggling to justify such a purchase.. I honestly hope Corsair comes through and gives their devs and other staff members more freedom and time to communicate openly in their own forum, reddit, etc.. Plaguing issues that aren't resolved for months on end is something that you could expect from a low level company, not a high end one..

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

I wanted to clarify that in the links I saw, the higher than normal MSRP prices are by third party sellers, NOT by Amazon or Newegg directly. Since both websites allow third party vendors and independent sellers to list the same product, you'll find in most cases that when a product is sold out, it'll display what these third party sellers want for their product and cause a discrepancy. I advise that if these prices are too high, you should wait until the reseller gets them back in stock officially.

On our gaming page, the higher prices are only for EU regions and is higher in a dollar amount because its compensating for European currency conversions (like the Euro and the Pound). The global (and regional sites) do not ship to NA customers similar to how the US site does not ship outside US and Canada. I recommend if you're buying from the webstore directly to ensure you have the proper region select on the store page.

So I ordered a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB with Cherry MX Blue switches on October 4th, 2014. When I ordered it, supposedly the keyboard was in stock. However, it turns out the stock was out at that time. I waited very patiently for a month, then two months, then 3 months. Then, after months of watching forum posts here, I find, buried in someone else's posts, that the RGB MX blue line has been cancelled completely.

Is it true that RGB MX Blue line are cancelled?

If not, is Corsair still or planning to produce more RGB MX Blue?

Hi all,

I wanted to clarify that in the links I saw, the higher than normal MSRP prices are by third party sellers, NOT by Amazon or Newegg directly. Since both websites allow third party vendors and independent sellers to list the same product, you'll find in most cases that when a product is sold out, it'll display what these third party sellers want for their product and cause a discrepancy. I advise that if these prices are too high, you should wait until the reseller gets them back in stock officially.

On our gaming page, the higher prices are only for EU regions and is higher in a dollar amount because its compensating for European currency conversions (like the Euro and the Pound). The global (and regional sites) do not ship to NA customers similar to how the US site does not ship outside US and Canada. I recommend if you're buying from the webstore directly to ensure you have the proper region select on the store page.

Is there any way to know when retailers will restock? Do we have to ask them or Corsair?

Codilx:

The keyboard @ NewEgg for $249 isn't sold by NewEgg. It's a 3rd party selling it.

Where to buy Vengeance RGB Keyboards

EU: RGB Gaming Keyboard Availability

Corsair Webstore - I've never seen any stock available, only the "Find a retailer" button pops up, and the "Find a store" option is worthless because it doesn't show any stores in my country.

Newegg - doesn't ship to my country

Amazon - inflated price, seller doesn't ship to my country

Scan UK - not selling NA variants, doesn't ship to my country

Overclockers UK - not selling NA variants, doesn't ship to my country

So I'm stuck with local supply, which has not received any information about when they will have the RGB line in stock, and no info given out as well. Please Corsair, could you just release rough timeframes of when certain products will be released in certain regions? It looks like the US and UK have received stock, whereas other regions haven't. I understand there is more demand in those regions than others so you dumped stock there, but please give some info on other regions and availability, I'm not the only one here stuck in limbo.

So apparently, no one is going to answer the other questions. I admitted earlier that I was wrong on the who was selling the keyboards. (I read the 'by Corsair' and mistook that as the 'Sold by' information. That was incorrect information.) This was my fault.

That still doesn't answer my question on what recourses I have available besides: cancel your order and then wait another 3 months for stock to be available.

Of course, there's nothing saying that the Browns won't get cancelled next, and the Reds are just absolutely awful feeling to me. How many more months do I have to wait for a keyboard that I've actively been following for a year?

So far, thanks for absolutely nothing, including a terrible experience trying to buy a product.

So apparently, no one is going to answer the other questions. I admitted earlier that I was wrong on the who was selling the keyboards. (I read the 'by Corsair' and mistook that as the 'Sold by' information. That was incorrect information.) This was my fault.

That still doesn't answer my question on what recourses I have available besides: cancel your order and then wait another 3 months for stock to be available.

Of course, there's nothing saying that the Browns won't get cancelled next, and the Reds are just absolutely awful feeling to me. How many more months do I have to wait for a keyboard that I've actively been following for a year?

So far, thanks for absolutely nothing, including a terrible experience trying to buy a product.

What do you expect anyone to do? The version with blues are discontinued. No one's going to have stock of them ever again. It stinks that you were told there was stock at the time and were lied to but griping about it endlessly will not change reality. Try to move on with your life and accept that your perfect keyboard is not going to happen. Since you are so unhappy with Corsair it might behoove you to check out another RGB keyboard out there that has blue-like switches (you know the one).

Archived