Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

I'd like to report that the latest iCUE version (3.13.94) completely destroys QuickTime, even when I have quitted iCUE itself. The error message I get it "QuickTime Player quit unexpectedly while using the CorsairAudio plug-in.". I'm sure the issue is there as when I uninstalled iCUE and reloaded previous version 3.12.xx QuickTime worked perfectly. I'm hoping for a quick fix because not being able to watch videos is painful.

Hi,

I was running CKB but I had completely removed all traces of it. I had installed the latest firmware of my K95 Platinum RGB to 3.xxx using a windows computer. I had updated my ICUE to the latest 3.xxx version as well. My K95 is plugged into a USB 3.0 direct on my MAC desktop (retina 5K, 27inch 2017).

I have karabiner on as well to map my function keys.

This is my findings:

When i start my mac and the icue starts with it, No device is detected despite I'm able to use the keyboard with the hardware profiles.

Once I choose to restart the mac and reopen windows when restarted, the system can detect the k95 plat rgb BUT...

1) The type lighting effects will not work.

2) When attempted to adjust type lighting effect, keyboard lighting will brick

3) When attempt to save or overwrite hardware profile with type lighting effect, keyboard will break.

4) If you restart ICUE, no device will be detected again.

When number 4 happens, and restart mac with "reopen windows after restart" selected, the keyboard will be detected again in ICUE but will have same problem with the type lighting effects not working, causing breaks.

Please help with

1) device not detected when first started mac

2) type lighting not working.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Kae

I'm running

Mac mini (Late 2009) with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019)

Specs:

2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

250 GB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

I've got Corsair K70 RGB LUX RED.

The issue is that keyboard lights freeze after some time. Either on their own or when the machine goes to sleep. Instead of reverting back to the solid color light (or the static lighting) it just freezes with the last light effect that was going on.

Apart from that, I'm happy enough. Running such a new piece of tech on an old keyboard.

btw. why can't we store lighting profiles on the keyboard? I would gladly pay +10 EUR for that type of ability.

Hi all

I just bought the Corsair scimitar pro RGB black edition.

It seems the software on the website cannot be downloaded for mac users.

Is there any software compatible with MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave so i can modify my mouse functionalities?

I'm not a tech guy so i simple link with a download with an explanation would already help me a lot!

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Arnaud

Hi all

I just bought the Corsair scimitar pro RGB black edition.

It seems the software on the website cannot be downloaded for mac users.

Is there any software compatible with MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave so i can modify my mouse functionalities?

I'm not a tech guy so i simple link with a download with an explanation would already help me a lot!

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Arnaud

Here's the link to the software: : http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...18-release.dmg Install and hope it works with your equipment.

Hello,

On 3/5 I bought a K70 for my Mac and used it with zero problems. Used it in combination with Karabiner Elements perfectly. I even went and bought a wireless Harpoon mouse as well.

Unfortunately today for some reason my K70 will not be recognized by iCUE. I even reinstalled the software, and nothing. The only thing I changed was deleting the audio plugin that was messing with Quicktime, but the keyboard worked fine after that. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I'd like to report that the latest iCUE version (3.13.94) completely destroys QuickTime, even when I have quitted iCUE itself. The error message I get it "QuickTime Player quit unexpectedly while using the CorsairAudio plug-in.". I'm sure the issue is there as when I uninstalled iCUE and reloaded previous version 3.12.xx QuickTime worked perfectly. I'm hoping for a quick fix because not being able to watch videos is painful.

Same deal for me

screen10.png

Hi,

I just got my K63 Wireless and installed the ICUE for Mac but my keyboard wont turn on at all. I see in the ICUE Status / Battery - Not Connected and yellow triangle. Is it totally discharged or the whole unit is for the trash ? Any ideas how to verify is it in working condition?

Hello Corsair fam. I have been trying to install this all night on my macbook pro 2.6ghz intel i7 4GB. everytime i get through the installer and it is installing it always fails at installing packets. says I should contact the manufacturer. I have tried clearing cache files, deleting all traces of the program and re-downloading it, still fails every time. what am I doing wrong? Please help.

This is amazing, thank you so much for bring this back. I did a fresh install a while back and never saved my install package so moved on to CKB-Next which worked fine but now, wow you guys did a swell job here. I'm holding on to the installer this time around!

I was just about to buy a pair of headphones and I think Corsair is back on the menu now.

K70 RGB and M65 PRO RGB working flawless here. Cheers!

Tip for M65 PRO users, I set the sniper button to the keystroke shortcut for Mission Control, DPI up to Notifications and DPI down to Show Desktop. Enjoy!

Thank you for ckb-next. It works with my K65 Lux RGB keyboard on an older MacPro (3,1; early 2008) running 10.11.6.

ICue refuses to install.

I have never had iCue installed before now, so there is nothing to install, and with it failing on each install I cannot uninstall it since it deletes off the system after failing.

I use AppCleaner to remove it and then I have to find and remove a startup deamon located in /Library/LaunchDaemons/

Now a general question about ICue. What is the lowest, oldest version of macOS iCue will support?

Update: Firmware on the K65 was old. Updated to version 3.0.8. iCue still fails to install. Thinking there is another issue but don't know what it is. I could look in the Console if someone can point me where to look. Doing a search on iCue doesn't reveal anything glaring at this time.

Edited by tkyle59

Hi everyone,

FAQ:

1.) What products are supported in iCUE for macOS?

iCUE for macOS will only support HID products (keyboards, mice, headset, headset stand, and mousepads).

James I can full understand corsair JUST supporting the peripheral device for Mac OS.

With that said, the H150i and RGB pumps come with a default setting/profile that color cycles or "rainbow" the RBG lights. This setting runs regardless of what Operating System one is using (windows, linux, macOS).

Unless I am wrong and this setting is somehow "burned" into the coolers onboard memory, this "profile" could be flashed over with a new one.

My question(s):

1. Could users on different OSs create a profile on a windows machine. Export and flash this profile/code on to the onboard memory.

- 1.a If so would it be possible to share those instructions?

- 1.b If you wanted to take this a step further. I imagine a web base gui could be easily created where customers login with their official corsair user/name and design their color profile as desired.

This gui could be as advanced (mirroring current icue functionality) or as basic (pick a single static color) as the company chooses.

Regardless once these REGISTERED users create and submit their color profile, Corsair servers/machines inject/replace that profile into the product firmware, the user can then download the "customized" firmware and flash it to their device.

- 1.c Feel like this is completely justifiable to corsair not only to those not using supported OSs but also to those using your supported windows OS and justifiable to create across your entire line of products. I imagine MANY of your users with RGB products use more than one computer, or even friends computers. Having to download icue on every system inorder for them to get their "custom" color(s) is a bit of a hassle. This ability would allow customers to simply set their device to their favorite color/profile and never have to worry about changing it again.

2. If this would be too time consuming to make could you create a few "custom" firmware options/updates where the only difference between each one is that they have a different static color (say the 3 primary colors blue, red, yellow). As silly as it sounds, I use my machine strictly for work (not gaming) and I feel like people associate the flashy RGB stuff w/ gamers (not that I have anything against them) but its just not my style.

I understand that all of the following would take work/time out of your/Corsairs schedule, but I believe that any of those options would be greatly appreciated by those users who do not use/like windows but still want to use Corsair because of their quality hardware.

v/r

-Stavi

Do you plan to add any support for the K83 for MacOS? I recently purchased a K83 at the PAX East gaming convention and it seems to have limited functionality with MacOS. The top and underside right/left click buttons don't work at all, and I can't adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad or joystick control.

hello Corsair James, this is non-corsair James! I just wanted to second the suggestion of being able to change the default color setting from rainbow cycle. All I do with my fans is set to a static color.

I appreciate the effort on iCue for macOS!!!

I also just got a K83. I fractured my spine and I'm on bed rest and this is almost the perfect keyboard (I've tried a few). Notes:

- My first search for a Mac version of iCUE had me installing 3.12.118:

-- That version didn't know how to update to new versions, it would re-install 3.12.118. Hopefully that's fixed.

-- That version had settings for touchpad sensitivity, and I think touchpad click, that are gone in 3.14.104. I set the cursor speed to 60% from 50% with that.

- Kalex2021, the top and bottom mounted buttons are sending left mouse click and right mouse click for me. That's after I enabled "Mac OS mode" using FN-(+/=).

- I haven't had luck re-mapping keys or adding applications but I'll study that some more.

- My biggest problem is the sensitivity for clicking on the touchpad. I'm constantly clicking while I move the cursor around. I think there was a setting in 3.12.118 that might have helped; is there anyway to either:

-- Get the sensitivity for the touch pad click back;

-- Disable "touch-to-click" on the touchpad. I haven't found that.

Thanks -

I have updated iCUE for macOS to the latest v3.14.

I have been testing it on 10.13.6 with a Strafe and a MM800 and I totally love it. Nothing to complain here, for a beta its pretty solid.

I saw someone saying something about not working with VLC, but it works with VLC, IINA and Quicktime just fine.

Edited by QUAD849