Corsair Community

K55 Keyboard can't use some keys!

UnhappyUser

Keys like my shift, fn and probably other's that I don't know of want work properly. I can't get into bios mode now either, I was able to finally get those to work with bios mode after trying to problem solve it before, but for some reason now it won't recognize bios for me to even use those keys! this is getting aggravating! I currently have the k55 connected to my laptop for typing and I don't want to switch from keyboard to put in keys with shift when I need it.

Seems to be kinda common and seems common there is no fix? I will never buy corsair again!

You've learnt your lesson just as many others have. The quality of the switches are appalling and all three K70s I've had (two were replacements) all went the same way. The keys would start chattering within a few months. The solution is to avoid them and probably every mechanical keyboard now that Corsair have shown us how bad the Cherry switches really are.

I now use a very cheap membrane gaming keyboard (Rii), and unlike Corsair's keyboard which costs well over 10 times more, it actually works. In fact, it cost me around the same as the P&P for the K70 RMA (one time).

Archived