VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 Lighting Enhancement Kit Blue Screen

tealsteam

Hi All, having blue screen issues with the new lighting kit,

My Rig is,

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON

Intel 8086K

VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 4000MHz C19 Memory Kit

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

For Christmas I got the lighting enhancement kit, ever since installing it, my computer blue screens, different error codes pretty much every time.

Tried the usual reseating didn't work, reset cmos didn't work, reinstalled windows, didn't work. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hello tealsteam,

Sorry for the late response. We've been a bit delayed due to the holidays. Sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried a clean install of iCUE with a third party utility that cleans up after the fact? They often clean up things that the uninstaller won't get.

You may also want to try swapping the slots of the memory and the lighting enhancement kit. Otherwise I'd suggest reaching out to our Technical Support team at support.corsair.com

• Corsair Employee

Hello tealsteam,

Sorry to hear that didn't work. It was a bit of a long shot. I'd suggest cleanly uninstalling the software again and using the version we recently released. I have spoken with a few people who had their detection issues resolved, but that was with full kits of memory.

StormShadow, I bought a second lighting kit for another PC, and it doesn't work with that either, so i am unsure as to whether replacing the lighting kit will help, I've disabled the XMP profile and its working fine, it just seems to be when i pump the memory up to 4000mhz,

And i've already had this ram replaced 5 times. and you've(not you corsair) upgraded it to the pro ram.

That's actually not a bad idea, bad idea tho is this price, 40 bucks for dummies, lol, for $60 you can buy 8GB more ram.

mybkexperience

That all depends, i have 16gb(2x8) 4000mhz which even though my motherboard has 4 slots, for 4000mhz maximum i can only run 2 sticks, leaving 2 empty ports,

Its also inadvisable to run different memory/sizes/speeds due to instability issues this can cause, Running 3 sticks won't allow dual channel to be run,

That all depends, i have 16gb(2x8) 4000mhz which even though my motherboard has 4 slots, for 4000mhz maximum i can only run 2 sticks, leaving 2 empty ports,

Its also inadvisable to run different memory/sizes/speeds due to instability issues this can cause, Running 3 sticks won't allow dual channel to be run,

Hmm i have the pro 4000mhz rgb and with what you've said i think i'll check my mobo can run an extra 2 8gb sticks.

Also, it may not help but check your bios is upto date.

XMP might be causing the issue if you have it set. With my mobo i can set xmp per channel so maybe if you can turn it off for the dummy rgb sticks it might help. Could be voltage related or something too

• 3 weeks later...

Archived