The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018, 02:20 PM

POST ID # = 980642
PolarisTLX Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dollar View Post
It's Black Friday in a few weeks. I'm hoping the existing Corsair One goes on sale then.
Ditto. That would sway me.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:43 PM

POST ID # = 981344
Taroskin Reputation: 10

In a similar position. Would like to pick up the next Corsair One.

I see that MSI announced their Trident X mini creator PC. It's got a 9900k and 2080 TI in a tiny form factor - but with usual MSI overkill bling/design.

I wonder if it's likely the next One will have a 9900k or if it'll be the 9700k? 2080 vs 2080 ti will be interesting as well.

Hoping an announcement is coming soon

Old 11-21-2018, 04:27 AM

POST ID # = 981436
Top Dollar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroskin View Post
In a similar position. Would like to pick up the next Corsair One.

I see that MSI announced their Trident X mini creator PC. It's got a 9900k and 2080 TI in a tiny form factor - but with usual MSI overkill bling/design.

I wonder if it's likely the next One will have a 9900k or if it'll be the 9700k? 2080 vs 2080 ti will be interesting as well.

Hoping an announcement is coming soon
That Trident X looks like it's gonna be one noisy monster with all that power and only air cooling, though.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:11 PM

POST ID # = 984753
kalmiya Reputation: 10

Same boat here, really like the subtle design of the Corsair One, but hesitant reading the problems with graphics and ribbon issue to get (a new) one. Also in the context that for slightly more money you can get the much more recent 9700k/9900k and 2080 systems now. Would definitely want a Corsair One V2 - if it existed - but since it doesn't yet I'm looking for alternatives.

I've also stumbled over the Trident X, and while I don't like the design (I can hide it below the table), it does hit on many other aspects. It's not water-cooled, but comparing review noise seems similar to the corsair one.

Trident X: "What impresses me most about the Trident X, however, are the noise levels – it is a very quiet system. With our sound meter positioned 1 foot away from the case, peak noise output did not exceed 44dB, meaning it was really very easy on the ears" (source: https://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/d...stem-review/3/ )

Compared to Corsair One ELITE : Idle "Its 31db noise rating is stellar" and "A gaming test saw the fan noise rise to around 46db That’s still quieter than most gaming systems ever manage, and it’s still extremely subtle" and A full-system stress-test saw the noise output rise to 50db.
( source https://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/m...tx-1080-ti/10/ )

One alternative I found is this one ( ~20 liters ): https://www.mifcom.de/defy-core-i7-9...premium-id5478 which can still be customized.
Other things I found was Origin Chronos (30x10x35cm) - but unfortunately no EU location ( only import, which would be expensive and difficult/annoying).

On the computex 2018 there was still an Asus with similar design to corsair one, but I didn't find any more info on that one.

Are there any other alternatives (preferably no "sleek" glow-in-the dark nonsense)?

Last edited by kalmiya; 12-10-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:29 AM

POST ID # = 985131
nox_uk Reputation: 10

well yes - but neither have the styling of the C1 & as a computer is 'on display' I consider how it looks to be pretty important.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM
thinkflight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985336
thinkflight Reputation: 10

Ok Corsair - Enough time has gone by - any updates on this with a new GPU/CPU combo would be very nice...

Get your setup going or come tax return in Feb I'm getting this; https://www.digitalstorm.com/configu...asp?id=2141837