Corsair Community

iCUE display incorrect charge status and battery level on Dark Core RGB SE

Syberon

I found that very often iCUE displays that mouse is charging even with unplugged cable after PC wake up from sleep. To resovle this problem i have to plug in and plug out cable on running PC with iCUE. After this battery status starts to show correctly. I use last version of iCUE 3.4.95

How to reproduce:

1. Turn on PC and iCUE

2. Plug in wire to mouse to start charging

3. Turn PC to sleep mode.

4. Unplug cable from mouse

5. Wake up PC from sleep mode

After wake up iCUE continue to show that mouse is still charging even with cable disconnected.

And another issue related to charge - iCUE shows incorrect battery level after charging with Qi wireless charger.

How to reproduce:

1. Turn on PC and iCUE

2. Use mouse in wireless mode to drain battery to "low" or "critical low" level.

3. Put mouse on Qi charger for a few hours

4. Turn PC to sleep mode

5. Wake up PC from sleep mode

After wake up iCUE continue to show the battery level which was before PC goes to sleep mode ("low" or "critical low"). I can't find the 100% working solution for resuming display normal battery level. Some times it fixes after few plug/unplug cable, sometimes this not fixes and battery level normalizes after a some time (half hour or hour).

I do not know exactly that this problem related to iCUE or mouse firmware but i think this is important problem for wireless device and needs to be resolved asap.

And another problem - why mouse shows 75% battery when it fully charged?

It seems to me that there are too many problems concerning charging the Dark Core and it's time to solve them. Is not it?

It seems that the problem is in the mouse firmware. Now i tried to reproduce this with full PC shutdown.

1. Turn on PC and iCUE

2. Plug in wire to mouse to start charging

3. Shutdown PC

4. Unplug cable from mouse on shutted down PC

5. Turn on PC and iCUE

After Windows and iCUE starts it shows that mouse is charging even with cable disconnected.

Same with wireless charging - mouse shows incorrect battery level after shutdown/turn on PC.

Gotcha, I'm trying to reproduce this, and push it up so Corsair can try to recreate this bug too.

I'm assuming your dongle is connected. But is your mouse on or off after turning on the PC again?

Yes, dongle is always connected to PC and mouse normally works in wireless mode despite of incorrect battery level reporting.

Dongle and charging wire both connected to motherboard USB ports.

I think that both this problems (incorrect charging status and battery level after wireless charge) related to one software bug.

And together with this problem can still be corrected the battery levels (I mean 75% on a fully charged battery). Several versions of iCUE have already been published, but the problem has not been solved

Well, maybe there is related problem that the software profile does not applied to mouse after PC wakes up from sleep when mouse in wired mode. The profile immediately applies after pluging out wire.

But in contrast to the previous problem this one appears only when PC wake up from sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
I also opened a ticket about this problem two weeks ago but Corsair support only replies to me with template answers that it "Windows drivers problem after sleep/hybernate/fast-boot". They just do not want to listen explanation of problem and methods to reproduce it. How it can be drivers problem if it appears even after fully shutdown and cold boot with disabled all hybernate/fastboot options?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

Updates to iCUE are basically done months in advance. We program, and then submit it to QA where it's subjected to rigorous testing across all like.... 7 product categories that use iCUE. What I'm really trying to get at here though is that the updates you get on the website have basically been around for like a month or two before they hit the wild, and don't always have resolutions to the newest bugs we're seeing out here.

I'll forward the forum post to the dev teams to make sure they're aware, but I see Inheretence has already done that. Hopefully there will be a permanent fix soon.

Archived