Corsair Community

HD120 3 pack - only first fan LED light up

scallbe1

I recently purchased 2 of the 3pack HD120 with included RGB hub and HD Lighting Controller. I also purchased a Commander Pro.

I have all 6 PWM leads plugged into the Commander Pro. The fans are on and spinning fine.

However when I plug all 6 RGB leads into the RGB Hub and attach that to the Commander Pro, only the first fan can be managed. Corsair Link sees all 6 fans and I have copied profiles to all 6 fans but only the first one works.

When I plug the HD Lighting Controller into the RGB hub instead of using the Commander Pro, I experience the SAME issue. Only a fan plugged into Port #1 will work. I can change which fan is plugged into port #1 and that fan will work, but no other fans will work.

I experience this SAME issue if I split up the fans to go to 2 different RGB hubs and use the 2 separate HD Lighting Controllers. I have the same issue if I use both RGB channels on the Commander Pro.

The problem points to the RGB hub, or some kind of miswiring? Am I doing something wrong (twice?). Do I have 2 broken RGB hubs?

Please help! :( I actually bought a 2nd Commander Pro that I'll need to return, because it is now clear the issue is not the Commander Pros. Both Commander Pros behave exactly the same, only 1 fan per RGB channel will light up and be manageable.

I have bought another Commander Pro but that is not it. Both CPs behave the same.

I bought a new HD140 2pack with RGB controller. These actually worked properly. Only 2 of the 6 HD120s work properly.

Hard to believe that of 6 x HD120 fans, 4 are broken from the factory. I'll be returning everything.

I may have spoken too soon. I actually think it's the RGB hubs that are broken and not the fans.

Both hubs that came with the HD120s will only light up the first channel out of 6.

The hub that came with the HD140s will light up the first three fans out of 6.

Can anyone explain this behavior?

Hi there!

Can you send us a screen shot of your CORSAIR LINK with the lighting control opened up? I'd like to see how you've set your lighting profile.

Please have all six fans connected to the hub, and then the hub connected to a commander pro. I'd like to get this issue resolve for you.

Upon first boot on a freshly opened Commander Pro, it will only light up 1 out of 6 fans, so this is the typical behavior. However, upon loading CORSAIR LINK and making a change to the lighting profile, this should save onto the Commander Pro itself and in turn, provide the correct lighting from there.

I may have spoken too soon. I actually think it's the RGB hubs that are broken and not the fans.

Both hubs that came with the HD120s will only light up the first channel out of 6.

I am in the middle of a build. In a series of five fans, only three were working. I thought I had a bad controller. Switching fans and messing around it got better then worse and so on... I finally noticed one of my HD 120 fans in my line has one led in the fan that does not light up. THAT ONE BAD LED WILL KILL EVERYTHING AFTER IT IN THE CHAN.. . Moved it to the end (#5) and they all worked, and tried an extra 140 and all worked. The fan is shorted or something. I just ordered another three pack.....

I am in the middle of a build. In a series of five fans, only three were working. I thought I had a bad controller. Switching fans and messing around it got better then worse and so on... I finally noticed one of my HD 120 fans in my line has one led in the fan that does not light up. THAT ONE BAD LED WILL KILL EVERYTHING AFTER IT IN THE CHAN.. . Moved it to the end (#5) and they all worked, and tried an extra 140 and all worked. The fan is shorted or something. I just ordered another three pack..... the photo is the bad led. I suspect it's the last in the loop and di do can't get beyond that point. Maybe the experts can explain.

IMG_0133.thumb.JPG.8accb4b55e570b8c3ff02188df8a8795.JPG

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same issue.

I have two hubs from 2x packs of HD120s and both hubs only will light up on port 1 on the hub. I've tried with Commander Pros I have and with the basic button controller. I've tried switching fans around on both hubs and still only 1 fan lights up on port one. I tried all the fans seem to work on port 1 of either controller.

I have another hub in my case and it seems to work up port 2 and port 3 won't work. I though it was my fan but when I swap around there it works.

I find it crazy I had three bad hubs.

Help!

• Corsair Employee

You will have to download iCUE to get all the fans recognized and lit. Initially, port 1 of the hub is the only port that will be active, to get the rest of the fans lit, you will need to configure them manually in iCUE.

While in iCUE, make sure to select the correct # of fans you have connected to the RGB hub and the right fan model, which in this case is HD

• 3 months later...

I also have a 4 x 120 HD RGB Corsair fans paired with 2 x 140 HD RGB Corsair fans 1 x Commander Pro and a Corsair Lighting Hub connected to channel 1.

After installing the newest version of Corsair iCUE and setting the fans up to 6 x HD RGB fans in the settings, I am able to monitor and control the fan speeds and temp sensors however only channel 1 on the lighting hub works.

Archived