Corsair Community

Record Mouse Movement / Clicks

iamyama

Dear fellow Corsair users,

I have a question regarding the Macro settings for the Corsair K70 keyboard.

Under the Corsair keyboard settings, you can tick these options:

- "Record Mouse Movement"

- "Record Mouse Clicks"

- "Record Keyboard Events

If i tick all these options, will it pretty much record and repeat everything I do on the screen? Especially with the mouse movement, will it start exactly where I started it and repeat the movements I make without messing up?

For example: I double click on Google Chrome icon on my desktop, move my mouse to the website url, type in "Google.com" and press enter. Will the keyboard do exactly what it saw me do?

One last question: will the repeat option continue as long as I want it to or only for a certain amount of time?

Thank you in advance.

Anyone please?

you can use absolute or relative coordinates. So I'm assuming if you use absolute coordinates it should work. The best way to find out is to try it. :)

As for repeat, that all depends on what options you pick in the 'action repeat' portion of the actions editor.

• Corsair Employee

It will record EVERYTHING from when you start to when you stop including clicking on record and clicking on stop.

As for repeat, there are multiple options. The one you're speaking of is most likely toggle where the macro will repeat until you stop it.

you can use absolute or relative coordinates. So I'm assuming if you use absolute coordinates it should work. The best way to find out is to try it. :)

As for repeat, that all depends on what options you pick in the 'action repeat' portion of the actions editor.

I read a review somewhere where they mentioned that "absolute coordinates" cannot be used yet, I'm assuming this can now indeed be used?

I just wanted to know before putting down $140. Thanks for info :)

I read a review somewhere where they mentioned that "absolute coordinates" cannot be used yet, I'm assuming this can now indeed be used?

I just wanted to know before putting down $140. Thanks for info :)

I did some quick testing and as far as recording goes, it only records relative coordinates. If you want absolute coordinates, you'll have to setup the movement manually. But I think that is something that could be implemented pretty easy, you can head over to my suggestions thread and post it there.

If you need to figure out the exact coordiantes a simple C# program using these lines can do it:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Cursor_Position;

void Timer1Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	textBox1.Text = "X: " + Cursor.Position.X.ToString() + "    Y: " + Cursor.Position.Y.ToString();
}

I did some quick testing and as far as recording goes, it only records relative coordinates. If you want absolute coordinates, you'll have to setup the movement manually. But I think that is something that could be implemented pretty easy, you can head over to my suggestions thread and post it there.

If you need to figure out the exact coordiantes a simple C# program using these lines can do it:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Cursor_Position;

void Timer1Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
	textBox1.Text = "X: " + Cursor.Position.X.ToString() + "    Y: " + Cursor.Position.Y.ToString();
}

Thank you so much for the information. Could you perhaps explain me what the difference is between relative and absolute coordinates on a desktop screen? Especially when the macro is put on repeat.

Also, I am not so technical, could you perhaps explain me what you mean with "it could be done easily" with the C# codes.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the information. Could you perhaps explain me what the difference is between relative and absolute coordinates on a desktop screen? Especially when the macro is put on repeat.

Relative means, your cursor will move relative from the current position of your cursor (like x=+1, y=-1). So if you record something, you'd have to put the cursor in the exact position you started recording at for it to work. Absolute are defined coordinates (like x=340, y=894), no matter where your cursor currently is, it will jump to those coordinates.

Also, I am not so technical, could you perhaps explain me what you mean with "it could be done easily" with the C# codes.

Well, you can easily create a Forms project in SharpDevelop for example and create a simple Form like this:http://i.imgur.com/1tVXauT.png

You'll probably need to watch some basic tutorials if you have no experience with programming.

Archived