Corsair Community

SSD not detected after restart

revolutioN21

Hey I recently build a gaming pc. I am running Intel has well 4770k cpu, asus z87-deluxe mono, corsair vengeance pro 16gb 1866mhz, with corsair force gs 240gb ssd & 2tb seagate hdd. After installing windows on the ssd everything runs properly but when restarting the pc from windows it tries booting up but won't recognize the ssd. when you go into the boot menu the sad doesn't show up but you can see the hdd and cd drive. the way it works is only by turning pc off waiting a minute and starting it back up and it sometimes boot up from sad and sometimes i would have to go into boot menu to boot from sad if it shows up.

What I've tried:

I tried updating the bios that didnt work, I tried changing the power supply wire with another one that didn't work, i tried switching data ports and that didn't work. Any help would help. Need help as soon as possible please. Thanks in advance.

So yellowbeard, my thread was literally ignored for nearly 2 months, how come warranty was never suggested?

arent you aware that products have warranties?,its a big purchasing factor to most people.

this is something that should be asked in your thread as it simply disrups the ops concerns

BECAUSE 2 months ago they said they would look into it and there was no response since. so i thought "ok a firmware is coming soon" and never expected it to take 2 months (and counting). in my own thread, i DID ask if it can be replaced, case-by-case, and was too ignored

also what difference does it make when the fella already threw his ssd away.

Hi,

i have a F120GB with FW 2.0 and Signature 142-0-1212 and I upgraded

my pc with some new component (Haswell CPU and H87 motherboard) and

now I have the same problem as the thread owner.

I found some rumors that the sandforce 2 ssd is incompatible with the new intel series 8 drivers ... will there be a fw upgrade for the driver ?

I would be very disappointed if i'm supposed to replace a working ssd, only

because theres a bug in the drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see the drive. I swap it in as the boot drive for win8 and I get the blue screen and nothing works.

If I plug it in as a USB drive it is not visible. The SSD Toolbox does not see it either.

This drive was working fine up until an hour back before a windows update. Rolling back the updates does NOT let me see the drive.

I have a Samsung 840 and SanDisk and I can see them both OK if I plug them into the USB.

How do I get the 120G Neutron GTX back to visible????

I have NOT updated the GTX firmware for weeks and now that the SSD toolbox cannot see it, I have no way of knowing what version it was at.

Something just ain't right here! I Neeeed the GTX back as it was much faster than the other two brands of SSD.

I can't see the drive. I swap it in as the boot drive for win8 and I get the blue screen and nothing works.

If I plug it in as a USB drive it is not visible. The SSD Toolbox does not see it either.

This drive was working fine up until an hour back before a windows update. Rolling back the updates does NOT let me see the drive.

I have a Samsung 840 and SanDisk and I can see them both OK if I plug them into the USB.

How do I get the 120G Neutron GTX back to visible????

I have NOT updated the GTX firmware for weeks and now that the SSD toolbox cannot see it, I have no way of knowing what version it was at.

Something just ain't right here! I Neeeed the GTX back as it was much faster than the other two brands of SSD.

Sounds like we need to replace it for you. File for an RMA using the link on the left.

Sounds like we need to replace it for you. File for an RMA using the link on the left.

Thanks -- but until I can find the drive and do a secure wipe it cannot leave this place.

Do you have a DOS program I could use to brute force a wipe?

Forgot to mention neither the win8 Drive Management or GParted can see it either.

I doubt anything else is going to read it. Dead is dead.

Never say "dead!"

Dug out my old X86 Assembler and wrote a rough and dirty to see if I could find any sector structure at all. Found three of the hidden partitions that Acer and win8 use and was able to copy those partitions from one of the other SSDs.

That then allowed me to use GParted to clean it all up. Finally cloned it with Clonezilla from yesterdays image backup. Installed it in the laptop to see what's what.

Fired right up and I am using it now!

Gotta say, not impressed with the Toolbox. It should have been able to do this. Obviously if the file system is unrecognized (or damaged) it should still allow some sector level investigation. If the drive appears dead then even the most reckless non-techy can't make it worse.

Also on the subject of the toolbox, "Clone" is of no use with modern laptops that have ancillary partitions for recovery and interim boot operations. Maybe desktops too but have not used one for years.

If I can't clone an entire drive then what's the point? Without the ancillary Partitions the result is NOT going to run.

In this case an Acer V5-laptop with FIVE partitions and the toolbox only allows cloning two. :confused:

Ummmm, searching for a three letter word here -- Oh, yeah, "DUH" :o:

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know why, but my GS SSD 250GB Stopped working.

I use the SSD as a Data Storage at Drive U:.

I got worried, because I could not read or write to the data drive.

My System:

Dell GX270

Data: NTFS

CPU: P4 3.4GHz

RAM: 4GB

Corsair GS SSD 250GB

Driver: 5.1.2535.0

Firmware: 5.05A

1) I was able to recover my data by using:

Getdataback For NTFS v2.31

2) After recovering my data, I used The Corsair SSD Toolbox,

CSSDT_1.1.0.0_WIN.exe and wiped the drive.

3) I then used Computer Management (Local)\Disk Management

to initialize the drive (Basic). The drive now works fine again.

I posted this, because it can be a heart stopping moment

when you think you have lost all of your data. Maybe this

post will help someone out there.

Archived