Corsair Community

Incompatibility between Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and TX950W?

Tipiak

Update:

There was nothing wrong with our PSU or the Asus motherboards. It was a component variance issue. A certain component used on certain Asus motherboards did not play nicely with a component we used in the TX950. It was rare to have the issue, but when you are selling thousands of these units a month you are bound to see a few people here and there than ran into a problem. At this point the issues have been resolved on both ends and we have not seen anyone run into this problem in quite a few weeks. If anyone DOES run into this problem, then it can be resolved by either doing an RMA on the motherboard or the PSU, and we will be happy to replace any PSU that could be causing these issues or any other issue for that matter.

Hi Everybody,

Someone of you has never had a problem of compatibility with a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and a TX950W ?

I trying to install windows 7 without succes.

I bought the OEM version family prenium but freeze at the beginning of the installation.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1063/p1024586.jpg

Windows start:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3319/p1024590.jpg

But freeze here :

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4605/p1024578.jpg

I tried many things :

Using a PS2 keyboard/mouse, disabling USB in bios, disabling just about everything else in the bios, tried to change the Ram, tested with another Win7DVD, I've tried with AHCI and IDE mode, I've tried to install win XP without success.

I saw in another forum some people who have exactly the same problem than mine and finely identify their problems.

The PSU TX950W is not compatible with the motherboard Asus P6T.

They solved the problem by replacing with a HX1000W.

I'm a little bit skeptical because my power supply looks good.

Unfortunately , I don't have an another PSU to make the test.

This problem has been recognized by Corsair or Asus ?

I don't want to by the HX1000W if this doesn't work.

Sorry for my poor english.

link page:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2064-63-windows-install-hangs-starting-windows-screen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the incompatibility is mentioned nowhere on the product package, and Asus P6T is one of the more common motherboards, the PSU contains a pretty serious defect. Since it does me no good to get a replacement (as I have already gotten), I'm wondering if I could perhaps get another model and pay the difference.

Hi oratario, you have also the same problem to install windows 7 ?

It's strange because I'm able to boot the bios and I can also use the "ASUS Express Gate", it's just freeze to install the OS .

I'm like you, I would like to buy the HX 1000W if Corsair can take mine.

I bought the TX950W last week and I'm very disappointed if the problem is there.

• Corsair Employee
We are currently investigating the issue with Asus, but at this point we have not been able to duplicate any problems. If you are affected by this issue, please post your system specs in this thread and send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with "TX950" in the subject line and include your contact information along with a link to your post. We will keep you updated on what we are able to find out.

System specs:

motherboard- Asus Rampage formula x48

cpu- intel quad 9650

gpu-Leadtek winfast gtx280

Memory- 2x2gb corsair dominator 1066mhz

I bought this psu (corsair TX 950) to replace my TX 750 which in turn is going into my daughters pc to replace a blown psu.Got the new TX950 yesterday and installed and proceeded to boot into xp.It got near to completely booting up but then black screened and restarted.I then tried booting into my 2nd partition which is windows 7, no go there either and showed similar results by rebooting.

So spent last 24 hours or so trying to reinstall an o/s thinking they somehow got corrupted.I miight add that the pc WOULD boot into safe mode with xp no problem so i could backup 1st.Both xp and windows 7 will not reinstall.They get part way and then restart the pc.Pulled all connected hardware (sound cards,all usb devices,lan cables etc) and left a barebones system with 1 hd to install on.No go! Then tried other hard disks with same results.

So at this stage i`m thinking, either i damaged the mobo somehow or the psu is defective.I then Popped the old TX750 back in and hey presto xp installs no problem at all.I might add that this is just a small fraction of the testing that i did and have unplugged and reseated every component and cable in this pc before giving up and trying the old psu again.

Same issue with Asus M2F. Freeze on load screen or get to desktop and lock up with in a few sec. I have tried the PSU on my other pc with a MSI P6n platimum motherboard and everything works great.. Can play games and boots everytime.. This is not a bad PSU but incompatibility with the motherborad...

I am experiencing the same issue. I am able to get windows to load if I set the CPU clock settings manually in the bios. If I leave the bios at default settings, Windows fails to loads. Hangs at at the Windows banner.

Further, the system freezes during gameplay with certain games.

Here are my system specs:

P6T Deluxe v2

EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 295

6 GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator

Intel I7 920

Corsair CMPSU-950TX PSU

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

Cooler Master Centurion 690 Case

Windows 7 Pro - x64

2 x Seagate 1.5 TB SATA HDD

We are currently investigating the issue with Asus, but at this point we have not been able to duplicate any problems. If you are affected by this issue, please post your system specs in this thread and send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with "TX950" in the subject line and include your contact information along with a link to your post. We will keep you updated on what we are able to find out.

It looks like we may not be getting your email for some reason, give us a call directly at 800-205-7657 Mon-Fri, 830am-530pm, and we will resolve this for you over the phone!

Great thank you. Just spoke with tech support. The HX850 was offered as a replacement. But rather than sacrifice 100 watts, I asked about the HX1000. So I am waiting to hear back about how that can be arranged if I need to pay the price difference.

It looks like we may not be getting your email for some reason, give us a call directly at 800-205-7657 Mon-Fri, 830am-530pm, and we will resolve this for you over the phone!

I live in Norway, so it would be difficult to make that phone call. What is the directional number?

Hi everybody,

Today, I bought a new PSU ( The Corsair HX1000W) and I can confirm to you that my problem was a hardware incompatibility with the TX950W PSU and the Asus P6t Deluxe V2 motherboard.

Windows 7 was installed without any problem and now it seems to work very well.

Now, I have an another problem to solve because my parcel containing my 950TX PSU was lost during its return. My retailer has never received my package although the post office says the opposite. But that, it's an another story.

I'm very disappointed because this mishap made me lose a lot of time and money.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bought a TX 950 and using Asus Rampage II Extreme, a problem is same to everyone freeze at glowing screen / loading windows OEM logo. when freeze i'm using XMP settings, AUTO settings, Manual settings not work at all.

i'm changing again to XMP and increase BCLK to 200 (4,2 GHz) and VOILA! MY DESKTOP APPEARED :D,

but it's still too hot using 4,2 GHz and seems unstable too when my i7 920 + Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 hitting 85 degree (WEI Benchmark). and this night I'll sleep with TX 950 ~.~, Waiting for Monday, hopes changing to HX 850 no problem at all :D

Archived