Corsair Community

Dell E6500 and F120 Running Slow (encrypted with BitLocker)

longforbob

Hello,

I recently invested in a F120 for my work laptop. After having everything installed/configured/bitlocker encrypted, I'm seeing some disappointing read/write speeds. When I first did the clean install of Win7, I was seeing read speeds over the 250mb mark in ATTO. Now, with everything finished, i'm barely reaching 200 reads and 100 writes (see attached). BIOS is in AHCI, latest Intel controller installed, and this was a clean install of Win7. Is there a chance that bitlocker is causing this? I know it is supposed to in the single digit range, not at the 20-50% level I'm seeing, and I'm also not sure if ATTO functions at a level that would be impacted by it. Is there a chance the Intel driver is not actually being used even though it is listed in device manager under the Controllers category?

Thanks in advance,

longforbob

E6500_F120.PNG.67f36e42451abb5f96d63463e90f5586.PNG

Disable Bit locker and see if the performance is closer to normal.

Bitlocker was the culprit. From another forum I was able to learn that the read/write speeds are now bottlenecked by the CPU's ability to encrypt/decrypt data being written to disk. I have attached the unencrypted benchmark. Disappointing, but got to stay in policy...

E6500_F120_NoBitlocker.PNG.d5534b60714a8f7ae0f5e4fba1dafd2e.PNG

Archived