Corsair Community

New Mem/Bios

-7-

Sorry to bother you gents. Buddy told me this was the place to get answers, so I popped in to bother you with a question.

Ive built systems in the past. This is my 1st one in 4 years though and everything was going fine until.... I went into the CELL MENU lol. Oh My.

Its been ages but I was wondering if anyone with the same type of system could tell me what their successful timings were?

But when I went to do the timings manually, I didnt recognize half the timing sections. So all I did was set the voltage to 2.1 which this mem requires but lef the rest on auto. I was told thats a no-no, so I came here. I felt 40 putting this thing together lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Had a few BSOD's and just want to make sure its not a bios setting im missing.

Thanks in advance Gents.

• 5 months later...

as per the instructions in your motherboard manual....reset your BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and w/e else they instruct...this will set your BIOS back to default.....

RULE NUMBER 1

When messing in BIOS only change ONE thing at a time and make SURE you have pics or handwritten default settings before you mess with anything. I usually go thru the BIOS section of the motherboard manual and record each BIOS setting default, right in the motherboard manual.

By only changing one setting at a time...you always know what broke your boot.

Guessing in the BIOS is a sure recipe for failure.

Try this site they have good guides and such:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived