Corsair Community

K70 RGB: "Status: Malfunction" + other issues

egio

Wow, of all things I've tried, I forgot to restart my system.. Everything in the list below has been fixed due to the reboot. If you're having the same problems, you should do the same! Thanks for everyone's quick responses!

Hi everyone,

After a few hours of using the K70 RGB keyboard, here are the problems I've been having after updating the firmware with the "K70RGB_app110.bin" file:

• I can't change the colors anymore. The Profiles section of Corsair Gaming Software (or CGS, as I'll be calling it) program is grayed out and I can't see my saves.
  • Right clicking the CGS icon in the notification bar and selecting a profile to switch shows that it's selected, but the colors on the keyboard physically don't change.
  • I can't change the brightness, lock the Start button, or toggle the number lock (although I can use the volume keys). The Caps lock light also can't be turned off.
  • CGS says that the device status is "malfunctioning" and the Firmware/Bootloader versions are "?".
  • My boot times have quadrupled.
  • The lights stay on even after shutting down my PC

The keyboard still works and feels great, although I'm extremely upset over the fact that I'm having all these problems, especially since I bought it specifically for the LED customizations. I hope this is an easy fix for me, and anyone else who's having this issue, and that a new firmware update gets released soon.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

EDIT: When I tried re-updating the firmware, as shown in the image attached, but it failed. It was worth a try..

1.JPG.447565e373f4e81ea003b2d1ca0aeafc.JPG

Prolly try to unplug the keyboard, uninstall the software and reboot and then do a fresh install and update the firmware as well when you replug the keyboard in.

I completely forgot to reboot.. When I did, everything went back to normal. Thanks!

After you installed the software did you restart? I had the malfunction issue and i let it restart and ran the update and restarted it again and it worked fine then on after.

Sounds like you had a similar problem.. Restarting my system was all it took to fix everything, thanks!

just swapped out k70 for k70rgb. not happy, does not work, loading firmware update now. have to use screen keyboard, crazy.

Make sure to reboot after the firmware update (and maybe even after finishing your profiles). That seems to do the trick.

Currently have status malfunction, the keyboard works fine but cant change colors or profile. Currently updating firmware and its taking ALMOST 2 hours its 85% done.... The first time the firmware was updated today it took like 10 seconds to update... Also my boot times like op have quadrupled.

Keyboard has basic functions now, had to uninstall Logitech keyboard software from 2 keyboards ago, reboot, uninstall Corsair gaming keyboard software, reboot, install Corsair gaming software, reboot, install firmware update, reboot. The profiles settings are confusing, it will take some time to learn them. Probably not the worst software I've used. I did expect better software.

I have this issue as well, i've tried all of the solutions here to no avail. My keyboard gets the 'Malfunction after about 30 minutes. It comes up when i try to switch profiles. I really hope that i didn't waste 180 dollars and corsair comes out with a fix. I bought this keyboard as a replacement to my high maintenance G19s, and it's not proving to be a better replacement.

I have this issue as well, i've tried all of the solutions here to no avail. My keyboard gets the 'Malfunction after about 30 minutes. It comes up when i try to switch profiles. I really hope that i didn't waste 180 dollars and corsair comes out with a fix. I bought this keyboard as a replacement to my high maintenance G19s, and it's not proving to be a better replacement.

Same problem here. I made a thread in the customer care section, hopefully we can get some better replies there. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132006

• 2 weeks later...

If you are having issues with the keyboard malfunctioning, please ensure the following:

- Update to the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard (please refer to the motherboard manufacturer's website)

- Update to the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard

- Please perform a cold boot (shutting down your system, then powering it back on)

- If you have a USB 3.0 port available, please connect the data connector (USB connector labeled with a keyboard image) onto a USB 3.0 port. Do not connect the auxiliary power connector. If you do not have a USB 3.0 port, please connect the auxiliary power onto a USB 2.0 port first, then connect the data connector onto another USB 2.0 port.

- If you have any 3rd party software related to keyboards not associated with Corsair, please temporarily remove the software and see if the issue persists.

Well, I just had the long boot problem too. I uninstalled all software that related to both the K70 and my previous logitech keyboard. Now I am not getting the long boot times and the software seems to working again.

This software makes me feel like I am beta user for a product and not a customer that paid close to 200 dollars for a keyboard.

If you are having issues with the keyboard malfunctioning, please ensure the following:

- Update to the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard (please refer to the motherboard manufacturer's website)

- Update to the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard

- Please perform a cold boot (shutting down your system, then powering it back on)

- If you have a USB 3.0 port available, please connect the data connector (USB connector labeled with a keyboard image) onto a USB 3.0 port. Do not connect the auxiliary power connector. If you do not have a USB 3.0 port, please connect the auxiliary power onto a USB 2.0 port first, then connect the data connector onto another USB 2.0 port.

- If you have any 3rd party software related to keyboards not associated with Corsair, please temporarily remove the software and see if the issue persists.

I've done all this and the problem still continues every time i try to play cs:go without fail

Still can't make the software work proprely, everything is up to date. Restarting my computer solves the problem for about 15-20 minutes or so, then it freeze. When I unplug it, it just stays in the defaults settings (I can't switch it back to my others settings). I can't acess any of my profiles. The software doesn't seems to detect my keyboard proprely. Can anybody help me? :confused:

registered to say i have similar issues. everything is up to date. cue software after a while says malfunction. dark souls 2 takes forever to load after installing corsair software. im very disappointed, i purchased 2100 headset and k70 keyboard. headset sound is so and so. keyboard is whack. corsair dropped the ball. i had the previous k70 and never had any issues. i really would rather not return it, but at this point it seems that is the only choice i have.

• 7 months later...
when i download a corsair gaming k70 rbg file, it comes out to be a .prf file. when i try to import the file to the keyboard, the cue asks for a .lght file and nothing else, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Hey guys. For some reason when i download profiles to my keyboard, the lights and everything work fine, until i start typing. if it's a profile that is supposed to have a ripple effect or a lighting effect, it will not work at all. How to i fix this problem? It seems to be an easy fix. but i can't get my keystroke lighting to work for any of my downloaded profiles that have them on there

Archived