Corsair Community

Some questions about Strafe RGB

StevenWong1995

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I never used any of Corsair products but I'm now very interested to get the Strafe RGB Keyboard. So I have couple of questions that I need to clarify and I hope I would get some sound advice here, especially from those who have been using Strafe RGB for long time. :biggrin::sunglasse

1. How does the overall keyboard feel like?

2. *Are the LED lights durable enough? I've faced problem with my Ducky keyboard where some of the LEDs went dead just after 3 months of purchase.

3. Compared to K70 RGB, there's no dedicated media key so I would like to ask if I can manually set macro keys for those functions? (e.g combining FN + Delete to reduce volume, FN + Insert to increase volume and etc.)

4. Do the different profiles bring harm to the keyboards LEDs? Like switching profile too often will eventually cause the keyboard to get damaged.

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate every single reply I get. :biggrin:

1) It feels great, even if it's made of plastic it feels very robust too :)

2) The old non-RGB keyboards (K65, K70 and K95) had some static electricity issues with the LEDs and they did die more often. For these new RGB keyboards they changed the PCB and how the LEDs are soldered making them much less prone to dying. I've had the Strafe RGB for less than 6 months but I've had no LED issues, and I also have a K70 RGB (1+ year old) which works great too.

3) No, you cannot assign a macro to a FN + KEY combination but by default you can use the FN + FXX keys for volume control (from F9 through F12: stop, prev, play/pause, next). This is a CUE limitation, you can't assign macros neither to CTRL + KEY or similar other combinations.

4) No, it really shouldn't impact anything.

1) It feels great, even if it's made of plastic it feels very robust too :)

2) The old non-RGB keyboards (K65, K70 and K95) had some static electricity issues with the LEDs and they did die more often. For these new RGB keyboards they changed the PCB and how the LEDs are soldered making them much less prone to dying. I've had the Strafe RGB for less than 6 months but I've had no LED issues, and I also have a K70 RGB (1+ year old) which works great too.

3) No, you cannot assign a macro to a FN + KEY combination but by default you can use the FN + FXX keys for volume control (from F9 through F12: stop, prev, play/pause, next). This is a CUE limitation, you can't assign macros neither to CTRL + KEY or similar other combinations.

4) No, it really shouldn't impact anything.

It's great to see that you've been enjoying your keyboard. I think I'm gonna get 1 soon! thanks mate! :D:

Archived