Corsair Community

Volume wheel useless?

Samarithan

Hi, I just bought the K70RGB and lovin it, worth the 180euro except 1 thing just seems to be horrible wrong with it.

i cant find any option to change the function of the volume wheel so it will only adjust the volume of itunes (correct me if i am wrong)

cause now i still find myself alt tabbing out of a game to slightly adjust the volume of itunes. got the useful next song button pause etc. but the volume wheel turns out to be a huge let down on this 180euro keyboard

(opinion will change if it turns out it can handle the option of only adjusting the volume of itunes instead of global volume)

if anyone can help finding a solution it will be much appreciated.

I think you are interpreting that statement in another way then it was meant. I think the part about "without affecting the game" just means without switching to your desktop/itunes/winamp/... and not that it won't affect your games volume. And "cycle through your volume" doesnt have to mean "through the volume settings of different programs", it could simply mean "through levels of volume". But i think he simply got mixed up with that sentence and meant to say "cycle through your tracks and set the volume" or something.

• Corsair Employee
The volume scroll wheel isn't assignable, and as others have correctly pointed out, it is simply a global HID control for volume. You can, however, assign volume + or - to any button and have it only affect programs in the foreground as a media action. This would be separate than the global volume scroll wheel.

Archived