Corsair Community

Void RGB Wireless Sound cutting out

My sound cuts out every couple seconds for about a second each time. It is extremely aggravating.

I've already tried plugging the dongle into a different USB port, force updating the firmware, restarting my computer and turning off my Wi-Fi network in case it produced interference.

I thought it could have been the USB ports that aren't working properly, but all my other USB devices work perfectly on all ports.

What could be the problem ?

I am not sure that the headset or the dongle are the issue to be honest as I had another wireless headset before and returned it because of the same problem. At the time I was convinced it was the headset, but since it also happens with a different headset, there must be something else :\

You will want to put in a support ticket with Corsair if you have not done so. They may choose to send a replacement dongle for you to try or to replace the whole unit.

Can you try the headset on another computer? Does anything change?

What happens when the sound cuts out? Does the LED on the dongle start flashing as well as the InfoMic LED?

I'll try on another computer soon when I get some time.

As for what happens, yes I do see the LED on the dongle flash, like it just reboots or something. That's why I thought the USB port was the problem, but other tests proved my theory wrong.

Also, the problem was not so bad when I first got the headset. It would cut maybe every 5-15 minutes. Now it's much worse at multiple times per minute.

I have tried on two different pc's and with two different headphone sets. I have the Yellow jacket and the Void Carbon. And I have to say they both tend to cut out, the yellow-jacket does this a lot, every 30 seconds, the Carbon does it about every 90 minutes.

I have tried different drivers, updated USB Drivers, older utility software and nothing seems to change it.

You will want to put in a support ticket with Corsair if you have not done so. They may choose to send a replacement dongle for you to try or to replace the whole unit.

Can you try the headset on another computer? Does anything change?

What happens when the sound cuts out? Does the LED on the dongle start flashing as well as the InfoMic LED?

Ok, so I tested on another computer, and it only cut twice (almost unnoticeable) in 45 minutes. Much much better than on my computer.

Issue seems to be my computer, but I have no idea what is the problem. I don't think it is related to other software because I recently formatted my computer and the issue was also occuring before I formatted.

You will want to make sure you have the latest BIOS/UEFI, USB chipset drivers, etc installed.

You can also try turning off USB power savings features in Windows and the UEFI/BIOS (If available)

Thanks for your time, I will try this and report back.

Acidburn09,

I did everything you are doing on 2 pc's and a laptop. Same issue occurred for me, I went out purchased a different headphone set, installed it and it works perfectly right out of the box with no disconnects or signal dropping.

If you do find or locate a fix please share, I am very disappointed with this product because of the disconnects and signal issues with the dongle.

So I had to change to one that works.

• 1 year later...
Try disabling any 5G-N wifi connections. I went from constant disconnects mic on / off messages to hours of nothing but clear silence with N wifi channels disabled. Corsair should fix this or change the frequency they are running on. This by no means a fix just a way to enjoy your expensive headphones. I went through 2 different set until i figured it was something in my environment. If it helps my Router is from Zyxel VMG4381-B10A. Running on wireless G only seems to fix the issue. hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

Had this problem for a few months, been trying to fix it for many days and I finally found a solution for myself. It was not the drivers neither was it my My Void wireless but it was my router who's Wireless Signal kept interfering with the void wireless's Connection. Went into its configuration and changed its Wireless channel, changed it from a 2.4Ghz to 5GHz (Wireless mode 11n Only)

and lastly lowered my router's transmit power to 50%. Its been a few days and no problems so far. Hopefully this one works for those who have this problem.