Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Mic not working! Help!

4EvaStoopid

I bought the headset about an hour ago, set it up, and boom! The microphone does not seem to work. The headset itself is fine; I can hear perfectly with it. I just can't seem to talk. It says that the microphone is working properly but well, it isn't.

I've reinstalled CUE, I've reinstalled all drivers, I've tried it on another computer and it hasn't worked on that either. I don't know if I'm missing something important here or just a bad mic.

I'm extremely displeased right now though because I've been trying to make this work but no luck.

So what the **** do I do?

I bought the headset about an hour ago, set it up, and boom! The microphone does not seem to work. The headset itself is fine; I can hear perfectly with it. I just can't seem to talk. It says that the microphone is working properly but well, it isn't.

I've reinstalled CUE, I've reinstalled all drivers, I've tried it on another computer and it hasn't worked on that either. I don't know if I'm missing something important here or just a bad mic.

I'm extremely displeased right now though because I've been trying to make this work but no luck.

So what the **** do I do?

I'm having the same exact problem! I just received my replacement headset, and it is doing this same thing. I am so highly irritated. I can't find any real answers that help, either. I tried talking to Chat Support and the guy ignored me. :mad::mad: I thought, "Wow! The replacement sure got here quickly, what a great company." And now I am over here wondering if there is an entire lot of these suckers that have bad mics, or if I am just going crazy. I have tried everything that I have read on here, online, anywhere...nothing works! Hopefully we get some answers here.

I'm having the same exact problem! I just received my replacement headset, and it is doing this same thing. I am so highly irritated. I can't find any real answers that help, either. I tried talking to Chat Support and the guy ignored me. :mad::mad: I thought, "Wow! The replacement sure got here quickly, what a great company." And now I am over here wondering if there is an entire lot of these suckers that have bad mics, or if I am just going crazy. I have tried everything that I have read on here, online, anywhere...nothing works! Hopefully we get some answers here.
Calling Corsair Support has always been :bsflag:, seems like they sent you back the same headset or a refurbished one with the same issue...I know that feeling >:beenrippe

When I buy headsets I buy them through BestBuy in person with a 2 year added insurance, incase I have any issues I can go back and exchange it for a new one, but if the same issue continues on the 2nd, I just change it for a different brand. :cool:

When I didn't know any better :thinking:...I used to be all on that so called "7.1" Gimmick headset that didn't last long enough or had software issues :brick:...

Until I woke up and invested on a pair of good solid sounding audio headphones, added a ModMic and that was it! :D: I never looked back!....

Now if you really need to have that "7.1" Gimmick sound, you can add the "7.1" software from Razer, SteelSeries, Corsair or whatever is out there.

What I meant to say, was I received my replacement headset from a different problem...and it is doing the same thing as the OP's. My first one, the USB dongle ripped right off of the metal part that plugs in, while plugged into my laptop. That set worked 100% fine before that. The one they sent me is definitely not the same set, as the mic was different. Wish they could have just sent a new dongle or something. :(:

I can't speak for the OP, but mine was up to date and yes, it was set to the default lol. I went through a lot of troubleshooting steps on my own, as support is my last resort. I did, however, make a post on facebook and tag CORSAIR in it. Whoever works on the facebook page is amazing. They responded to my post, and took care of all problems. They even upgraded my replacement to the pro, for the inconvenience, and gave me a prepaid label because I said I didn't think I should have to pay to return the one they sent me as a replacement for one I already paid to return. So, props to whoever that was, they are the only one that has helped me in any way! And it was all done in a matter of hours. I suggest to you, OP, if you use facebook..contact them through there!

Archived