Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Bass

. Wolf .

The best bass I got was from the Music + Bass preset.

But, AFAIK, you cannot have really good bass from a USB headset.

A very good sound card combined to quality analog headphones (not necessarily audiophile quality) will give you better bass than any gaming headset out there.

Again, I speak from personal experience. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

• Corsair Employee
I would disagree with you assessments SChico good bass will come from two things; the frequency response of the speaker driver and the Audio source. Most analog head sets use 20-30mm drives even studio quality Head sets very few if any use 40mm speakers/drivers.

Thank you RAM GUY.

Well, i was under the impression that there’s a limitation with USB that is not present with an analog connexion.

Nonetheless, when I was troubleshooting my headset, I had way more kick when I used an analog headset + onboard soundcard than the V-1500 + Corsair Driver.

Maybe I’m comparing apples with oranges since the analog headset was stereo and not 7.1.

Also, a point that keeps showing in user reviews of the V-1500 is there’s a noticeable lack of bass. So to go back to Wolf’s question… how do we improve it if the “Music + Bass” preset is not enough for our taste?

• 2 weeks later...

Man oh man. Sound is not supposed to be flooded with Bass. If you up the low frequencies, you are taking away from the higher frequencies. You need to find a good balance. People are so used to booming Bass these days, but once they really start learning about how audio should be reproduced, they will understand what they have missing all this time. EDIT: They built these headphones with that in mind, that means they actually know something about audio.

USB is not limited, in-fact it has it's advantages like a built in DAC and drivers. (The old drivers are way better for audio enthusiasts, no arguing that).

Every set up of speakers and DAC is going to sound different, they are all built and geared towards different liking's.

The HS1's are some of the best headphones I have ever used. They can beat out or hang with some of my 300 dollar headphones when you have them tuned right. People saying otherwise don't know what they are doing or do not have them tuned right.

Grab some instrumental flac. files, put the headphones to 24bit - 192khz under windows (if you didn't do this in the first place you messed up, also note, I have seen reports that some games wont work correctly at this high of a setting, that is the games fault. I personally have not had this problem), get the old drivers and put them onto 5.1 audio (trust me) and leave all the Dolby crap off. I will admit they botched the dolby audio, it is not accurate at all and distorts most things, even games. Next you are going to have to tune the equalizer to your liking.

You do this, you will hear these preform up to audiophile standards. These settings are great for games too, way clearer, accurate reproduced audio then when I was using them with Dolby distortion. 7.1 is not very accurate either.

• 2 years later...
Maybe you could try this :

http://i.imgur.com/TzJIL.jpg

It's from mancasters a french member of hardware.fr's forum.

Forgive me for reviving a very old threat, but where can i get the software featured in this picture? Ever since getting a new pc and downloading the most recent software I have hated my 1500's. The surround sound is like my head is in a bucket and sounds really, really awful. They also severly lack bass and with the new software there is no bass boost option even there in sound options. At the moment my 25 quid turtle beach headset produces better sound than the 1500.

Everything used to be fine with the old software, am I missing something really obvious? I just cant believe this headset can sound this tinny and produce such a great amount of echo with 7.1 emulation enabled.

Archived