Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen DDR4 Compatibility Questions?

Corsair CJ

Hi Everyone. I've got a 32GB Dominator kit in my MSI X370 gaming pro but it is stuck at 2133MHZ. So for the dominator range 16GB and higher what part number seems to give the highest stable speed results? Looks like I'll have to sell the 32GB kit and buy a 16GB kit.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee
Hi Everyone. I've got a 32GB Dominator kit in my MSI X370 gaming pro but it is stuck at 2133MHZ. So for the dominator range 16GB and higher what part number seems to give the highest stable speed results? Looks like I'll have to sell the 32GB kit and buy a 16GB kit.

Have you tried the latest BIOS revision for your board? Assuming that it's a 4x8GB kit, you may not be able to get it up super high, but 2666MHz was achievable in older BIOS revisions pre-AGESA 1.0.0.6 (which is now available on MSI's website as of 6/22).

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM.html

Hopefully this update lets you push the DRAM speed a bit higher than stock.

I have this set: CMD32GX4M2B3000C15 I have two DIMMs. No matter what settings I have tried the speed can not be set above 2133MHZ. So I am willing to try another Corsair memory set even if I have to come down to 16GB. I am using the X370 MSI Gaming Pro with the latest BIOs which has AGESA 1.0.0.6

I received today this memory: CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 Version 5.39. I have made doubly sure that my MSI X370 Gaming pro BIOs is updated to the latest version which includes AGESA 1.0.0.6. No matter what settings I try with mixing timings and settings I absolutely can not get the memory speed above 2133MHZ.

So I need some help with suggested settings/voltage. Anything higher than 2133 MHZ is what I'm looking for.

• Corsair Employee
I have this set: CMD32GX4M2B3000C15 I have two DIMMs. No matter what settings I have tried the speed can not be set above 2133MHZ. So I am willing to try another Corsair memory set even if I have to come down to 16GB. I am using the X370 MSI Gaming Pro with the latest BIOs which has AGESA 1.0.0.6

I ordered a 16GB Corsair Dominator set part number listed on the AMD memory compatibility forum post and see how that works tonight.

I received today this memory: CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 Version 5.39. I have made doubly sure that my MSI X370 Gaming pro BIOs is updated to the latest version which includes AGESA 1.0.0.6. No matter what settings I try with mixing timings and settings I absolutely can not get the memory speed above 2133MHZ.

So I need some help with suggested settings/voltage. Anything higher than 2133 MHZ is what I'm looking for.

MSI has a Memory Try It! menu in the UEFI that has a selection of "optimized" speed+timing combinations to try. You could start with one of those and loosen timings/add voltage until a combo works. Since we're aiming at 2933MHz, you could try to build your way up through MSI's presets with different voltage.

MSI has a Memory Try It! menu in the UEFI that has a selection of "optimized" speed+timing combinations to try. You could start with one of those and loosen timings/add voltage until a combo works. Since we're aiming at 2933MHz, you could try to build your way up through MSI's presets with different voltage.

Tried this but sadly it didn't work

I have the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 version # 6.39 on hand and am planning to run it on an AsRock AB350 Pro 4 w/ Bios version P 2.40 and a Ryzen 1700 CPU.

Is this going to work? If so is this memory Single or Dual rank?

Thanx

Edited by MauleGuy
additional question

Due to the number of questions regarding Ryzen compatibility, I split this thread off of the Ryzen validated SKU list (the original sticky post).

Link to that post for reference: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=166631

Maybe the stupid question but Corsair's compatibility guide doesn't even list AMD boards in the current AM4 generation for Asus:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/memory-finder

Asus on the other hand does have their QVL, and does list:

CMK32GX4M2B3000C15

Is that memory compatible?

I wonder if that's just some stupid Asus mistake. I mean its a pair of 16G Dimms and their own QVL doc says "16GB" but then does have a dot on their list under the 2Dimm socket support .. sooo... which is it?

I'm currently with another brand of ram doing 15-15-15-35 @2666 but have had 2 sticks go bad on me and so I'm out looking for another ram vendor.

I get that we're on the early edge of the Ryzen tidalwave but you'd figure a lot of this to have been done already. I mean if I can't trust my motherboard maker to have done this work, and the Memory maker doesn't count the board or ram as known .. where does that leave me/us.. the users?

I'm not looking for overclock, I'm looking for the product to come together, do whats written, and be 99.9% stable, but even there now, all I'm finding are questions and doubts.

:( ~Frustrated.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get near 14 14 14 14 34 how do you do it (won't run at lower cl at high speed than 16)

My white kit runs smoothly at 3200mhz @1.35v 16-18-18-36

The red kit can only obtain a speed of 2933 with the same settings

My CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 v5.39 runs at the same setting Asus Prime X370-PRO but when ever i take prime 95 blend or any of the other test, workers stopped, my cpu is a ryzen 5 1600 have you tried prime 95 blend (lots of ram tested)? When mhz is lowered to 2933mhz stability is 100% stable (so fare)

am4 motherboard memory support list

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf

Some say go for samung ram, so her is a list if you don't know it, my corsair ram is SK hynix

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

http://peecee.dk/uploads/082017/2017-08-17_10_57_41-CPU-Z.jpg

Edited by gasolin

• 3 weeks later...

Bought Ryzen 5 1600x , Asrock AB350 Pro4, Corsair Vengeance LPX Kit 2x8gb (CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16) and my old gpu Zotac 750ti.

No video post (blank screen), tried to swaps slots still nothing, tried single memory for each slot:

1: blank screen, no reboot.

2: blank screen, reboot itself every 20-30 seconds.

3: blank screen, no reboot.

4: blank screen, reboot itself every 20-30 seconds.

Anyone had the same configuration? btw the bios version of the board is 2.40. <--- Edited

Edited by bluegap

• 2 weeks later...
Bought Ryzen 5 1600x , Asrock AB350 Pro4, Corsair Vengeance LPX Kit 2x8gb (CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16) and my old gpu Zotac 750ti.

No video post (blank screen), tried to swaps slots still nothing, tried single memory for each slot:

1: blank screen, no reboot.

2: blank screen, reboot itself every 20-30 seconds.

3: blank screen, no reboot.

4: blank screen, reboot itself every 20-30 seconds.

Anyone had the same configuration? btw the bios version of the board is 2.40. <--- Edited

I bought an Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte AB350M-GAMING 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL14(CMK8GX4M1A2400C14) and a RX 560 2GB from Asus. I checked out today that this memory isn't on the supported list, and I'm having trouble with it. Should I try to change the latency to 16-16-16-39 to match the CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 that is on the list? My problems are: game stop working after some time, it can varie from instant crash to more than 40 minutes to crash, it happens just to the games and demanding software, windows work fine, and the sistem don't reboot or anything. The memory fails on Aida64 stress test just when stressing the memory and prime95 fail with the stress test too. I don't think I will be able to return the memory because it has been some time already. My Gigabyte Motherboard have the lastest version of the BIOS installed.

I bought Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15). I have no motherboard yet, so I cant test the system. However I noticed on the sticker that my kit is ver 5.30, which from what I read is Hynix based. According to this post the kit is validated for ryzen. The question is which version is validated? 4.xx, 5.xx or both? Anyone who owns this kit version 5.xx, please answer.

Hi.

I recently bought Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) 16GB kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15. This kit is referred in ASUS QVL memory support list, so I was sure there would be no compatibility problem. (I haven't received my mobo yet). However when I received my memory kit, I noticed that on the sticker was written "ver. 5.30". Looking for version details in the internet I have found that ver 3.xx was Micron based, 4.xx was Samsung based and 5.xx (which I bought) is Hynix based. Now I am really confused for 2 reasons:

1) I am now not sure whether my memory kit will work ok because I am not sure which version ASUS validated. There is no reference in their qvl memory support list, only the part number.

2) Why the @#$#$% corsair uses the same part number since the kits use different memory chips? I was sure my memory kit would work without problems but now I am not so sure anymore

Please if someone uses this kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ver 5.xx paired with a ryzen motherbord, please post here if there are any compatibility issues.

Bought 2x8 gb sticks CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 about a month ago since it was in Asus QVL for the Crosshair VI Hero x370 mobo. Had issue getting to post so I got spook and RMA my mobo twice and now I see the list on the forum and I'm getting even more spook since Newegg cant refund me for it. Think Corsair can replace em?

I have this memory model: CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 and I am trying to use it on quad channel for the 1950x threadripper with an asus x399A motherboard, I can not, just on dual channel, does anyone know how to solve or my memory is not compatible?

\thanks

Hi.

I recently bought Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) 16GB kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15. This kit is referred in ASUS QVL memory support list, so I was sure there would be no compatibility problem. (I haven't received my mobo yet). However when I received my memory kit, I noticed that on the sticker was written "ver. 5.30". Looking for version details in the internet I have found that ver 3.xx was Micron based, 4.xx was Samsung based and 5.xx (which I bought) is Hynix based. Now I am really confused for 2 reasons:

1) I am now not sure whether my memory kit will work ok because I am not sure which version ASUS validated. There is no reference in their qvl memory support list, only the part number.

2) Why the @#$#$% corsair uses the same part number since the kits use different memory chips? I was sure my memory kit would work without problems but now I am not so sure anymore

Please if someone uses this kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ver 5.xx paired with a ryzen motherbord, please post here if there are any compatibility issues.

For the record:

CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (2x8GB) ver 5.30 (HYNIX) and Asus ROG Strix B350-F GAMING (BIOS ver. 0902) works ok @ mem speed 2933MHz. It wasn't easy but it worked!

From the first boot memory was ok @ 2133 and 2400 DOCP (all default). But I coulfn't get the system to boot with anything more than that. Finally I tried with one dimm 2933, no go. Then I tried the other dimm 2933, no go. Then I tried swapping positions of dimms and everything worked rock stable @ 2933!!!!

I was very curious to find out why. I checked again part number and it was the same. The only difference was the serial number (first dimm xxxxxxxx136 and second dimm xxxxxxxxx137). For some unknown reason to me, my mobo needed the first dimm at slot A2 and second dimm at slot B2!!!! The other way around wasn't working.

So if you have memory problems with your mobo, try to change positions between your ram sticks. You may be surprised!

Edited by gdp77

• 1 month later...

Which X370 Board should I get for my Ryzen Build (1700X)? I already own this RAM from my old PC: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

m1anTWt.jpg

So which Board would be a good choice to not run into compatibility issues? I wanted to buy the Asus PRIME X370-PRO or STRIX X370-F but they both seem to not have this ram in their QVL =(

I wanted to post this here in order to best help someone out in the future.

This past weekend I ordered a 16GB kit of RGB RAM. The exact model number is CMR16GX4M2D3200C16. Do not bother looking it up on the Corsair site as it is not listed. It is touted as being a NewEgg exclusive.

I am here to tell you it uses MICRON D-DIE but it actually works at it's rated 3200MHz speed without tinkering. Simply booted into my ASRock B350 ITX, set it to XMP profile 1 and that's it. I did not have to flash to the latest BIOS (though I did do it later) as everything just worked out of the box.

If the reviews are anything to go by, this is a pretty new SKU. I love this RAM and am not ashamed to admit that I was afraid it would not work at anything above JEDEC speeds when I opened it up.

1.thumb.png.3d0ad20d19f1180ec5083c450b0627dd.png