Corsair Community

800D with Noiseblocker fans, need suggestions

djt

I just purchased an 800D case and I plan to replace all of the Corsair fans with Noiseblocker fans and I’m looking for some suggestions on what specific models to use and where.

The setup will be using the H50 for CPU cooling and I plan on using all of the available fan locations in addition to the ones provided out of the box.

Hi djt

I've finished building my rig this weekend, and i'm waiting for the arrival of my Noiseblocker Fans.

I'm going to replace all the Fans in my Obsidian 800D with noiseblockers, and i'll be putting 3 more extracting air on top.

My choice was:

NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PL-2 120mm

NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PK-3 140mm

Best Regards

SLC

Hi djt

I've finished building my rig this weekend, and i'm waiting for the arrival of my Noiseblocker Fans.

I'm going to replace all the Fans in my Obsidian 800D with noiseblockers, and i'll be putting 3 more extracting air on top.

My choice was:

NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PL-2 120mm

NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PK-3 140mm

Best Regards

SLC

Thanks for the response SLC.

After looking over the choices it looks like I might go with the same 140mm’s but I might grab the 1400 RPM - 20 dBA version of the 120mm’s.

My only dilemma is whether to go with 2 NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mm fans –

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8402/fan-519/Noiseblocker_NB-Multiframe_M12-P_120mmx25mm_Ultra_Silent_PWM_Fan_-_1000-2000_RPM_-_12-29_dBA.html?tl=c15s60b160

for the H50’s radiator in a push/pull configuration.

Hi once again dgt

The choice will always be yours, but what atracted me for the Silent Pro versions, is that they are all black (they match the Obsidian black perfectly), the mounting kit that de multi-frame doesn't have, and the price wich is lower than the Multi Frames.

I've bought one 120 Noiseblocker first, in order to see if it was good, and it clear justifys the price, for such a good product, with good air flow, and they are very quiet.

I'll try to give you more info after they arrive, and after testing.

Best Regards

SLC

PS: No, I don't work for NoiseBlocker :)

Hi, I would talk about the Noiseblocker 140mm Pk-3, the fan is very powerfull and silent, It's a night to day difference compared with the stock fan that came with my Obsidian, I have one at the lower intake place in my case, my other fan are from different manufacturers, my exhaust is a 1700rpm scythe (140mm with 120mm hole pattern), very good fan aswell, but have sleeve bearings ( MTBF: 20.000 hrs) and don't fit in the lower intake because the 120mm hole pattern, also I have the 3 120mm @ 2000rpm in the roof as intakes, with a DEMCiflex Custom Filter for Triple 120mm radiators, so the filter covers the entire fan grill of the roof (the best filter that I have seen, catchs even the tiniest dust particles), I really like to have a positive pressure case. I'm planning to buy a fan controller, to reduce the speed of my intake fans when I don't need full cooling power, so my system would be a little more silent. I only have 1 Noiseblocker because It was the last fan that I replaced, because I was testing different fan configurations. But the quality of the Noiseblocker is amazing. I would definetly buy more Noiseblockers to replace my other fans in a near future. They come with sleeved cables, rubber mounts, etc.

Hi once again dgt

The choice will always be yours, but what atracted me for the Silent Pro versions, is that they are all black (they match the Obsidian black perfectly), the mounting kit that de multi-frame doesn't have, and the price wich is lower than the Multi Frames.

I've bought one 120 Noiseblocker first, in order to see if it was good, and it clear justifys the price, for such a good product, with good air flow, and they are very quiet.

I'll try to give you more info after they arrive, and after testing.

Best Regards

SLC

PS: No, I don't work for NoiseBlocker :)

I was only thinking of using the 2 NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mm fans for the H50’s radiator, the Silent Pro versions would be used for the all the other fan locations.

also I have the 3 120mm @ 2000rpm in the roof as intakes, with a DEMCiflex Custom Filter for Triple 120mm radiators, so the filter covers the entire fan grill of the roof (the best filter that I have seen, catchs even the tiniest dust particles)

Not to hijack this thread, where did you get the filter from, i tried google no avail.

Also does it sit on-top of the case, so that its easy to clean, or do you have to pull things apart.

hmz

I was only thinking of using the 2 NB-Multiframe M12-P 120mm fans for the H50’s radiator, the Silent Pro versions would be used for the all the other fan locations.

Hello again

Like i said before is a question of your choice, witch is your only.:)

The Multiframe has more CFM at max speed, but it produces more noise.

The corsair guide to installing "Push Pull" Fans on H50 (http://blog.corsair.com/?p=987) states that you need two identical fans with more or less 50 CFM.

So i thought that the NB-BlackSilentPRO PL-2 120mm was more than enough cause it has 56 CFM, and is less expensive.

But nothing like testing, and when my NBs arrive, i'll post the Temps

It would be nice also if you post your temps with the Multiframe 120mm. :)

Have Fun

Best Regards

slc

• 4 weeks later...
Not to hijack this thread, where did you get the filter from, i tried google no avail.

Also does it sit on-top of the case, so that its easy to clean, or do you have to pull things apart.

hmz

Sorry for the late answer man, this is a direct link to the filter, http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_463_500_514&products_id=27510 , fits perfect on top of the case.. :sunglasse

Archived