Corsair Community

Hx750i Fan never activates

daicon

Hello,

I just bought this psu, the hx750i.

According to the specifications it is semi fanless, and the fan is activated upon reaching 40% of the load.

Well, do not turn on the fan even reach 600W of power.

I have the iCUE installed.

I have seen that you can customize the performance profile, but it does not let me lower the fan to less than 40% if I specify a custom curve.

If I leave it as by default, what I say to you happens, it remains always off.

What's going on?

thanks

That is correct - you cannot set the fans to less than 40% with a custom fan curve. This is by design and I'm sure that there is a reason for it (perhaps to prevent folks from doing bad things to themselves) but ... I do find it annoying (personally).

What temperature does your PSU get to? What are your system specifications? 600W is a LOT more power than most people realize. I don't think I quite get there on my system or, if I do, it's not very often.

That is correct - you cannot set the fans to less than 40% with a custom fan curve. This is by design and I'm sure that there is a reason for it (perhaps to prevent folks from doing bad things to themselves) but ... I do find it annoying (personally).

What temperature does your PSU get to? What are your system specifications? 600W is a LOT more power than most people realize. I don't think I quite get there on my system or, if I do, it's not very often.

look:

Image%202018-11-25%20at%202.39.00%20AM.png

iCue graphic 600w :-S

but graphic fan always 0 : -S

Image%202018-11-25%20at%202.36.32%20AM.png

What happend¿¿¿ :-S is normal?

I thought that the psu turned on the fan when it reached 40% of charge: -S, that is, about 300W

I have:

8600k Oc 5Ghz

1080ti

That "Max" isn't the max reading ... it's the maximum for the graph. And it doesn't look like you've gotten anywhere near it. That also looks like it's input, not output. It's the output wattage that would trigger it.

PC Part Picker estimates 345W for that CPU and GPU together. Now, that's when they are going all out. You would get a bit more due to the overclock ... but, again, that's going all out. Chances are you aren't doing that.

If you want to really push the power usage, use a tool that would stress both the CPU and GPU at the same time. Something like RealBench would do that.

That "Max" isn't the max reading ... it's the maximum for the graph. And it doesn't look like you've gotten anywhere near it. That also looks like it's input, not output. It's the output wattage that would trigger it.

PC Part Picker estimates 345W for that CPU and GPU together. Now, that's when they are going all out. You would get a bit more due to the overclock ... but, again, that's going all out. Chances are you aren't doing that.

If you want to really push the power usage, use a tool that would stress both the CPU and GPU at the same time. Something like RealBench would do that.

ok I understand. but still. sure that it is above 300w the output playing for example to the BFV. I do not see normal that the graph of the fan does not move. : S or is normal?

Help me plezzzz

I don't think you need help. BFV won't fully stress your system so I doubt you'll draw that much power.

Today's systems are more power efficient than you seem to realize. I can barely get a Threadripper with a 1080Ti over 350W ... and that's with a TON of lighting also drawing power.

I don't think you need help. BFV won't fully stress your system so I doubt you'll draw that much power.

Today's systems are more power efficient than you seem to realize. I can barely get a Threadripper with a 1080Ti over 350W ... and that's with a TON of lighting also drawing power.

Sorry... but i dont understand.

Look this:

Image%202018-11-26%20at%206.57.13%20PM.png

If I have not misunderstood.

According to specifications, the fan works from 40% load.

That is, the PSU is 750W, 40% is 300W

Now, look this capture:

Image%202018-11-26%20at%206.59.32%20PM.png

Or I do not understand ...

or it is not normal.

I think so. Again, if you are concerned, create a support ticket. But I don't see anything to be worried about.

The RM series are super-efficient. That means very little waste heat. Which means no need for a fan. Your temperatures are super-low and the entire point of the fan is to prevent overheating.

Archived