Corsair Community

Hope to see more support for SP RGB fans.

ThatsDirty

First off want to say, iCUE is the way forward. I've had a couple of buddies over tonight and we probably spent a good hour just messing around with effects on my K70, LED strips, and SP120 RGB fans syncing things up with the software. But I do hope to see more options for the SP120 as it didn't get much love with CL4. I for one love the rainbow "demo playback" effect for the SP120 fans that was on CL4 v4.9.3.25 but only that lighting effect is present on the other fan series and LED strips with the latest CL4 and now iQUE. Not sure if it's due to hardware limitation of the LEDs but really do hope to see more effects. But iCUE is the way forward, can't wait to see some beautiful user created profiles out there.

• Corsair Employee
You actually can do any type of lighting effect you want with SP RGB fans now. However, it will be a little difficult to get a lot of lighting out of the single zone LED's. Have you tried the custom lighting effects and making multiple layers?

Huh never thought of the layers, gonna spend some time trying to get that rainbow wave demo playback lighting effect then. But I do hope that effect comes back in future versions of iCUE. Also, I was a long time user of CUE 1.16 since I wasn't a huge fan of CUE 2. How would I be able to get the brightness and windows lock button the same effects as the rest of my keyboard lighting effect profile?

• Corsair Employee
Huh never thought of the layers, gonna spend some time trying to get that rainbow wave demo playback lighting effect then. But I do hope that effect comes back in future versions of iCUE. Also, I was a long time user of CUE 1.16 since I wasn't a huge fan of CUE 2. How would I be able to get the brightness and windows lock button the same effects as the rest of my keyboard lighting effect profile?

I'll consider re-enabling that in the future. I never liked it though because I felt that if an indicator provides a status indication, lighting patterns playing over it would contradict the purpose of said indication.

Archived