Corsair Community

Lapdog Cable Issue

JakeyPopsicle

So I've had my Lapdog for two weeks now and I've been enjoying every minute of it. Very comfortable to use in the living room and has made my recovery from double jaw surgery more bearable (and less boring) as I can't comfortably sit at a desk.

However, today I noticed that my power cable that powers the USB hub disconnects when the lapdog is moved and the cable sort of needs propping up to use the on board USB ports which is a pain.

Does anyone think this issue would be resolved with a new cable or is it a problem with the port on the lapdog?

I really hope I don't have to RMA my lapdog due to this. If anyone has any suggestions or help that'd be great. Also has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

JakeyPopsicle

• Corsair Employee

Hi JakeyPopsicle,

We're sorry to hear you have this issue. Can post a picture of the connected port so I can see what maybe the cause? If you do not use the extra USB pass through from the side of the lapdog you can consider using a USB 3.0 cable that is less stiff and thick. There fore less leverage and stress are acting on the port.

Cheers!

Archived