Corsair Community

fan placement help, 540

pdasterly

Im going to keep simple. Posting from my cell so bear with me.

540 case

H90 cpu cooler

R9 290x crossfire

2 H75's

How should I arrange fans. I have the two h75's mounted in the front of the case pulling air out. The rear fan also pulls air out. The h90 is mounted in the top rear pulling out and I added another fan on top pulling out. Not having a heating issue but I want my system to run as cool as possible. Also should I get fan controller or wire all fans to mobo. I have 8 fans. Thanks for looking

is this correct config for my setup?

2nd video card isn't mounted yet, still waiting for new screws from nzxt. the cards radiator/fan will be mounted in the upper right hand corner above the previously mounted radiator

attachment.php?attachmentid=18254&stc=1&d=1399954741

22981549_corsair540airflowtest.jpg.ee88c7528bca2d2a5a198e01210e5328.jpg

Pictures or Diagram would help. If you have 8 fans I would pick up a fan controller, makes it a bit easier to dial it in for noise/cooling.

Generally the top and rear would be exhaust, but I usually configure cases to have a slightly positive pressure as it helps incredibly with dust.

If you have 3 liquid coolers going on, heat shouldn't be an issue in the case, Corsair stock fans on the Hydro series are really good fans.

so im going with rocket puppy's setup

i was thinking of the water cooling for my cards, and that is where i would place them and the direction id pull from

i have the majority of my stuff jacked up and still this cases design is amazing, the interior of my case is about 5-7 degrees cooler than ambient

pleas euse a fan controller, as you will easily be able to setup proper airflow to maintain positive pressure. ( very important imo )

in fact the cooling inside this case now that i have my ideal fan speed/ direction/ setup

i use my 100i in p/p as an exhaust at the top of my case

i do not like bottom mounted exhausts at all as warm air rises....

best case scenario would be to exhaust all three coolers via top and rear, that's my problem. I can mount the h90 anywhere, rear or top. the h75 cooler lines arent long enough. I will try again but the bottom h75 would have to go to the rear and the top gpu would mount to the top rear and the h90, top front. I believe i tried this way but hoses were too short and the h90 in the front would hit the ram banks on the mobo

I was going to get all hippy with this thing and see where the clouds go. true airflow test lol.

Your setup is perfect how you have but I have two gpu coolers, might have to sell h90 for 120mm fan/radiator setup(h80 or another h75)

• 3 weeks later...

i have the majority of my stuff jacked up and still this cases design is amazing, the interior of my case is about 5-7 degrees cooler than ambient

That's pretty hard to do unless you have refrigeration in the system.

I do not see how the internal case temperature can be cooler than the ambient air.

The other possibility is that the temperature probes are out of tolerance.

RodeoGeorge

if i were to stand in front of a fan, the temperature would be colder than if i wasn't standing in front of one

putting my hand inside my case causes goosebumps on the back of my hand from the temperature difference

imo, if your own setup is not keeping the temperature inside your own case less than the ambient, i would look into it and experiment a bit for best results ;):

if i were to stand in front of a fan, the temperature would be colder than if i wasn't standing in front of one

Well, actually no it isn't. What you're experiencing is the Wind Chill Factor. Being from Canada, I assume you've heard this term before.

Wikipedia gives a good explanation here...

The effect of wind chill is to increase the rate of heat loss and reduce any warmer objects to the ambient temperature more quickly.

It cannot, however, reduce the temperature of these objects below the ambient temperature, no matter how great the wind velocity.

If you're getting readings 5-7 degrees lower than the ambient temperature, then as wa3pnt explained, the probes are probably out of

tolerance or you got a refrigerator in your case.

Archived