Corsair Community

Veng 2000 no volume control

MICU RN

So, I purchased these headphones on amazon and could not wait to get them. They finally arrive and I get them unpacked, install the driver 1.7 and EQ and get in to some BF3 sniping.

So after battlefield 3 loads I put the phones on while a quiet screen is up and then the ear blistering volume kicks in! My first reaction was to go for the volume knob. Nothing happens. Now my ears are bleeding and I am trying to get them off my head but milliseconds turn into what seems like hours.

I them decided to go have a look at what's going on with the volume knob. I try everything I find, here and other spots on the net. Some say run programs as administrator some say to reboot the system, some say to drain the battery all the way out. All of which I have done. Still no good.

I post my review of this product and its flaw on amazon and get a Corsair rep to suggest to me to call customer service. I do this and get an individual who has no idea what I am talking about let alone the meaning of troubleshooting. He only states "I have never heard of that." "I have never had this problem."

I have made one last attempt and gone back to amazon and requested a replacement. They will be here sometime next week. In the mean time, I would like to hear from others of what I can try or look at while waiting for the new pair.

Maybe it's just a faulty volume potentiometer, maybe it's something on my pc. I'm asking for help from you all if possible.

Thanks in advance for any input

What O.S. are you using and I assume this is the volume control in your O.S. that is not changing or it does not change the volume on your headsets?

I use Window XP Profesional

No changing in my OS volume control and no changing in my headsets, just nothing happen when i turn the volume knob

PS : This afternoon i am going to try with my other pc in Windows 7, we will see ...

Archived