Corsair Community

Shuld I trust Asus PC Probe for Memory 2.1V

Braegnok

Hello, I'm setting up a Asus Maximus Formula X38 board and in the BIOS I set DRAM Volts to 2.1 and every thing booted fine, with most other settings at Auto, then just to get a idea were all volts were I opened PC Probe, And the DRAM is flashing RED!!! Blowing horns!!! and reading 2.16V So I slowly backed the volts off one setting at a time till the red light went off. And the BIOS setting is 1.98V and PC probe shows 2.04 ... It is still running OK but I was wondering if ASUS boards over-volt that much or is PC Prob not trustworthy for memory Volts.

Corsair Ram runs at 2.1 Volts right? not 2.10V or 2.01V Should I just set BIOS to the 2.1 setting and ignore the red flashing, horn blowing PC Probe.

Thanks

Seems I was wrong about spec. volts, It should be 2.10V and too get this I set BIOS to 2.06V and PC Probe II is showing 2.13V. Hope this will be OK

And I found out how to shut off the red light and horn strobe,..in PC Probe II, Config voltage sensor/threshold the DRAM is default set @ 1.89V so I moved the threshold slider up 16% and all is quite with no red warning light.

Also if anyone knows if setting ram volts to 2.13V will damage it by over volting .03 and can I go .06V over?, this would be BIOS set at 2.10V showing 2.16V on the Probe?

Thank You for any information.

Archived