Corsair Community

New build with ML or LL?

nezff

I asked this question to c-attack, but wanted to get others opinions on these fans. Especially guys and gals that have experience with them.

Well I got the fever to build another one similar to my sons pc. I had a caselabs M8 case I bought years ago sitting in the attic. CPU will be i5 9600k, no overclocking.

Quick question. I'll have 3 fans in front left intake, two for radio, and 1 for exhaust. I know I'll need the commander pr again. On this case, and mainly for aesthetics and rgb goodness, there are 3 fan slots on right intake side also. I'm thinking of doing 3 more there.

I'm sure I would need 2 led hubs? 2 commander pros?

I've been sold on the ML120s but I watched some vids of the LL120s and they look really nice. Love that diffused glow and outer ring. Only issue I've seen or read was they weren't great for radiators?

Your opinion, LL OR ML? Performance and aesthetics.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

LL's are fine for most system radiators. Are they as good as the MLs for radiators? No. Is it a major, noticeable difference? Probably not. You might see a slight difference but that'd be about it. The MLs are also a little quieter but not by much. They are a lot prettier BUT that pretty is really only on the intake side, so that may be something to consider.

How many total fans are you looking at? I think it's 9 that you are talking about. What cooler? If it's a Corsair AIO, you can control the fans from the radiator (and that would be appropriate). That leaves you six fans. And you have six fan control headers on the CoPro.

You will need 2 LED hubs. If you want strips, you'll need another NoPro or you'll need a splitter for the RGB LED Fan Hub connection so you can put 2 fan hubs on a single channel. The challenge here is that you'd have an odd number of fans so some things may be odd; the fan hub splitter works best when the two fan hubs have identical fan configurations.

It would be 7 fans after connecting the two from the radiator. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a h100i platinum or h115i platinum.

After speaking with c, I could go with the commander pro, 2 led hubs, and a splitter for that last fan to run 7 off of the copro? Thanks.

Yeah, I'm debating now about the intake vs exhaust side "prettiness" the lls only really show their rgb goodness on one side I've read?

It would be 7 fans after connecting the two from the radiator. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a h100i platinum or h115i platinum.

After speaking with c, I could go with the commander pro, 2 led hubs, and a splitter for that last fan to run 7 off of the copro? Thanks.

Yes, that would work. And it's possible to have an two of the fans on an RGB splitter as well. They'd be duplicated effects tho, not individually controllable.

Yeah, I'm debating now about the intake vs exhaust side "prettiness" the lls only really show their rgb goodness on one side I've read?

Yes, that's true and I said as much as well. It's not that the LL's don't show anything on the exhaust side - it's just not the glorious goodness that you have on the intake side. Instead, it's just the glow on the fan blades.

Yes, that would work. And it's possible to have an two of the fans on an RGB splitter as well. They'd be duplicated effects tho, not individually controllable.

Gotcha. Ok. This is my thinking: bottom intake fans running to two different led hubs. So, bottom 2: 1-1, middle two running to 2-2, top intake running to 3-3. Then 4,5,6 led for two rad fans and rear exhaust.

Basically the window side would be run 1-6 on the led hub. On other side, the front intakes would be 1 through 3 coordinating with the other front intakes. Got me?

Gotcha. Ok. This is my thinking: bottom intake fans running to two different led hubs. So, bottom 2: 1-1, middle two running to 2-2, top intake running to 3-3. Then 4,5,6 led for two rad fans and rear exhaust.

Basically the window side would be run 1-6 on the led hub. On other side, the front intakes would be 1 through 3 coordinating with the other front intakes. Got me?

I do. Makes sense and should work just fine. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

ok, just wondering If I might go this route. Any advice?

I have the Asus Prime z390a which has some white on it. Basically I love the LL fans in white or black, but thinking of trying a white theme inside my black Caselabs M8.

Here is the idea:

In this black case:

8CVDLj9l.jpg

s5SlkeEm.jpg

WRObdB8m.jpg

DTcFWxjm.jpg

IKNlWR0m.jpg

1OGRdtXm.jpg

Edited by nezff

• 4 months later...