Corsair Community

Have issues? Unofficial FAQ and Quick Fix Guide

Inheritance

so i was just playing a game of fortnite and all of a sudden my scroll lock key light keeps on flickering on and off its not just the light the scroll lock key is activating and deactivating very quickly which resulted in different types of programs randomly opening up ive tried restarting my laptop but nothing changed nd its still doing it.... HELP ;3;

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i was just playing a game of fortnite and all of a sudden my scroll lock key light keeps on flickering on and off its not just the light the scroll lock key is activating and deactivating very quickly which resulted in different types of programs randomly opening up ive tried restarting my laptop but nothing changed nd its still doing it.... HELP ;3;

Something might have shorted on your keyboard. Did you spill any liquids on it? Contact Corsair support they will be better able to help you troubleshoot that problem and an RMA if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! Sorry if I post this in the wrong place, but I'm new to this forum. I have recently been experiencing problems with my PC, i.e. not being able to log in, the mouse having a mind of its own, etc. I don't know if this is a problem with the computer itself, but I have tried different keyboards and mice with it so i'm sure it's the peripherals. I have a K95 Platinum, and a Glaive RGB. these thing were not cheap, so I hope to either fix them or receive a replacement product if necessary. I have babied these things since i got them, I have not spilled anything on them, or dropped, slammed, or hit them. Now, for the actual issues. the K95 is typing by itself. I have not been able to log into my computer for a little while. I have plugged and unplugged, restarted, and all that. sometimes, when i power on my computer, the keyboard does not turn on, and I have to reach behind the tower to re-plug it. As for the mouse, while I am on a web page, it will start scrolling up and down very eratically, and I have not found a way to stop it thus far. A rather new problem I've had is it will start randomly deleting and rearranging my shortcuts, and as you'd think this is all incredibly irritating. so, If you've read all of this, would you mind helping me out? sorry for typing out a whole paragraph. If you have any input, please email me @ markc.personalstuff@gmail.com. Thank You!

This worked for me posted in another thread:

Instructions sent to me by corsair for my Corsair Schmitar Pro RGB Model Code: CH-9304111

Note: I will not be held responsible if you further break your device by installing this firmware on the wrong mouse or you fail to follow the instructions below.

Firmware File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hwXXJuKcc9vAOrQeU9WDhfp0L-ysSxWN/view?usp=sharing

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah Please help me I have a k65 pro mouse and it stutters and lags randomly. It works on my laptop fine.

Try lowering the polling rate on the mice.

hello i have been using a k95 platinum for the past few days and something i have noticed is that on the top rgb strip one of the lights are significantly brighter than the other lights

That's normal, its due to how the light bar spreads the light.

throw off the firmware for the keyboard, I'll try to undo

Youll have to ask Corsair Support for files like that sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Please help. I recently forced update my k66 keyboard (CH-9103000-NA). Afterwards, the F1 key and window lock key stop working completely. Do not register when press. Please help!

I dont have a K66 FW file on hand so you will need to ask Corsair Support for hard firmware reset.

• 1 month later...

I owned a K95 Keyboard and got sticky keys, a few were repeating constantly. Corsair swapped it within warranty for a K95 RGB keyboard and guess what.. within half a year sticky keys again.

Only problem is that Corsair did not replaced it again. So I had a brand new incredibly good looking keyboard laying around because the T, Q, O, Y, 6, 3, Backspace and a few more are repeating constantly.

How can it be that my old Logitech (30$) that is 15 years old still has no flaws and this amazing keyboard of 200$ has loads of problems in half a year?

Same thing with my mouse M95, the microswitches are not the quality you should expect from a mouse in that price range, and it wasn't even the left mousebutton but the right one. That made it useless for games.

It should be gaming stuff but believe me it is not.

Please be carefull when buying a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse, Corsair does not like warranty issues.

Edited by Riesg

Hello,

I've been using Corsair RGB Strafe for the past 3-4 years and picked up a Corsair Scimitar 2017. I've since had problems with my custom configuration losing its effect intermittently upon boot. Sometimes it works fine for several days other times I've to reboot a few times to get my config to register.

I've bound the mouses button to browser hotkeys, i.e. swap tab, close tab, back and forward. All these function stop working or do other things like going to desktop, opening task manager. On my keyboard I've rebound the numkey pads to their "normal" counterparts above the letters on the keyboard, this also stops working when I'm having this issue.

I read up on this during 2017 and found a partial resolution (I don't remember what it was) getting into a race condition causing these issues. However I cannot seem to find that post anymore why I'm trying my luck posting here..

Edited by magost

I owned a K95 Keyboard and got sticky keys, a few were repeating constantly. Corsair swapped it within warranty for a K95 RGB keyboard and guess what.. within half a year sticky keys again.

Only problem is that Corsair did not replaced it again. So I had a brand new incredibly good looking keyboard laying around because the T, Q, O, Y, 6, 3, Backspace and a few more are repeating constantly.

How can it be that my old Logitech (30$) that is 15 years old still has no flaws and this amazing keyboard of 200$ has loads of problems in half a year?

Same thing with my mouse M95, the microswitches are not the quality you should expect from a mouse in that price range, and it wasn't even the left mousebutton but the right one. That made it useless for games.

It should be gaming stuff but believe me it is not.

Please be carefull when buying a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse, Corsair does not like warranty issues.

Hey Riesg

Sorry to hear about your issues. If you can provide me with a ticket number I will ask someone to look into it.

Hello,

I've been using Corsair RGB Strafe for the past 3-4 years and picked up a Corsair Scimitar 2017. I've since had problems with my custom configuration losing its effect intermittently upon boot. Sometimes it works fine for several days other times I've to reboot a few times to get my config to register.

I've bound the mouses button to browser hotkeys, i.e. swap tab, close tab, back and forward. All these function stop working or do other things like going to desktop, opening task manager. On my keyboard I've rebound the numkey pads to their "normal" counterparts above the letters on the keyboard, this also stops working when I'm having this issue.

I read up on this during 2017 and found a partial resolution (I don't remember what it was) getting into a race condition causing these issues. However I cannot seem to find that post anymore why I'm trying my luck posting here..

It sounds like the virtual devices used to execute those actions arent being started correctly at times. Im not sure what steps might fix that, have you contacted Corsair Support?

Hello,

I have the corsair K70 rapidfire (non rgb) and I've had an accident with a soda can.

The can was placed on a drink coaster and was still closed. Sadly it gently fell on left upper corner of the keyboard, which is quite sharp, and the can got ruptured. The drink inside burst out with some force all over my chair, myself and sadly the left half of my keyboard. The worst hit keys are my '1', '2', 'F1' and surprisingly also my 's' key.

The drink got inside the switches and now they are sticky, need some time to rise and pressing them is also less smooth for some and very rough for my '2' key.

What should I do? I'm thinking about unscrewing the plate with the switches and rinsing the lower half in 70% isopropyl while pressing the affected switches. Are there any better ways to clear the sticky switches individually or should I just go on with my plan?

Thank you in advance,

Thekoenman

Edited by thekoenman

Hello,

I have the corsair K70 rapidfire (non rgb) and I've had an accident with a soda can.

The can was placed on a drink coaster and was still closed. Sadly it gently fell on left upper corner of the keyboard, which is quite sharp, and the can got ruptured. The drink inside burst out with some force all over my chair, myself and sadly the left half of my keyboard. The worst hit keys are my '1', '2', 'F1' and surprisingly also my 's' key.

The drink got inside the switches and now they are sticky, need some time to rise and pressing them is also less smooth for some and very rough for my '2' key.

What should I do? I'm thinking about unscrewing the plate with the switches and rinsing the lower half in 70% isopropyl while pressing the affected switches. Are there any better ways to clear the sticky switches individually or should I just go on with my plan?

Thank you in advance,

Thekoenman

At this point that would be your best bet. I would make 2 rinses just to be sure you get all that dried coke.

Glavie RGB mouse says it has a firmware update available, when I try to update it, it just disappears and says update failed. And the mouse disappears from iCUE. Have to restart iCUE for the mouse to reappear.

Current iCUE: 3.12.118

Current Glaive: v1.04 its trying to update to v3.14, seems like an excessive jump?

Glavie RGB mouse says it has a firmware update available, when I try to update it, it just disappears and says update failed. And the mouse disappears from iCUE. Have to restart iCUE for the mouse to reappear.

Current iCUE: 3.12.118

Current Glaive: v1.04 its trying to update to v3.14, seems like an excessive jump?

Hum, that is a big jump. Please PM me your email and I send you a file to manually update it

Hum, that is a big jump. Please PM me your email and I send you a file to manually update it

I have the same problem as breNdzz but with a M65 RGB Elite, whenever I try to update with iCUE it just says update failed.

iCue ver: 3.12.118

M65 ver: 3.01 to 3.24

Edited by NerevaRising