Corsair Community

Broken 500D SE RGB case door hinge/fixture

mrpetrov

Hi there

I just received and built my new system in a 500D SE RGB case.

After removing the doors, I noticed that one of the glass doors was a little loose on its fitting - I thought nothing of it, no big deal.

After I made the system (which took me a few days - I was very considered and deliberate, it's an expensive system for me), I reattached the doors. Upon doing so and closing the door, the loose fitting just snapped off.

On inspection, I don't know if the screw insert was stripped or if it was because the rubber insulator between the glass and the plastic appears was missing that cause it to snap off.

Here's the pics: https://imgur.com/a/3NOnkOF

I am still in the Amazon return period, but I really, really don't want to return the case as I've spent a bloody long time building it (I don't have enough free time just to rebuild another computer sadly).

I haven't spoken to Corsair yet, as it's Saturday, but do you folks think they could send me a replacement door fitting/hinge (I don't believe I need a new glass panel)?

Many thanks!

Hi there

I just received and built my new system in a 500D SE RGB case.

After removing the doors, I noticed that one of the glass doors was a little loose on its fitting - I thought nothing of it, no big deal.

After I made the system (which took me a few days - I was very considered and deliberate, it's an expensive system for me), I reattached the doors. Upon doing so and closing the door, the loose fitting just snapped off.

On inspection, I don't know if the screw insert was stripped or if it was because the rubber insulator between the glass and the plastic appears was missing that cause it to snap off.

Here's the pics: https://imgur.com/a/3NOnkOF

I am still in the Amazon return period, but I really, really don't want to return the case as I've spent a bloody long time building it (I don't have enough free time just to rebuild another computer sadly).

I haven't spoken to Corsair yet, as it's Saturday, but do you folks think they could send me a replacement door fitting/hinge (I don't believe I need a new glass panel)?

Many thanks!

Try contacting Corsair Support directly. This is only a community forum, granted it is hosted by Corsair. There are a few Corsair employees do cruise this forum, though I think their would give the same answer.

Thanks - yup I’d contacted CS. Two days for them to reply asking for pictures I’d already sent/posted on the ticket form, two more days without a reply since. Even Razer got back to me faster than this when I had an issue (am I allowed to say that here?)!

Archived