The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 02:42 PM

POST ID # = 964621
Elliott Reputation: 10

Fantastic, thank you for the info jppf08 - I'm currently waiting for a reply on my ticket.

I did notice that the support system now has a prefabbed message trying to weasel out of the 20dB advertised idle noise by stating it only applies to the lower end models in certain locations, and that non-professional audits are inaccurate. I do hope this isn't an attempt to renege on unit replacements.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:47 AM
jppf08's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964707
jppf08 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Fantastic, thank you for the info jppf08 - I'm currently waiting for a reply on my ticket.

I did notice that the support system now has a prefabbed message trying to weasel out of the 20dB advertised idle noise by stating it only applies to the lower end models in certain locations, and that non-professional audits are inaccurate. I do hope this isn't an attempt to renege on unit replacements.
You're welcome! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I'm lost for words regarding the noise levels only appyling to entry-level models in certain locations. Is this a joke? Funny how that is not mentioned on their store pages.

I'm so disappointed by this. The claims of "dangerously quiet" and "quieter than a whisper" where a MAJOR factor for me choosing to buy this product as a powerful solution for work and gaming on the same machine. Finally I could replace my slow (yet silent) iMac. My Pro Plus is FAR from quiet.

I'm feeling conflicted with Corsair. On one hand they seem to actively encourage RMAs here on the forums, on the other they state the advertised noise levels may only apply to the lower spec models. So here I patiently await my replacement, that I'm now certain will be just as noisy.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:16 AM

POST ID # = 964711
Elliott Reputation: 10

Agreed - for the benefit of other readers, and so that I'm not misrepresenting Corsair, please find the comment verbatim below:

"Recently, we have been receiving a number of inquiries regarding the noise level of our CORSAIR ONE Gaming Computer. As those affected have expressed concerns with the veracity of the claims stated on our webstore page, we wished to explain these measurements further, and address the concerns of our community.

We advertise the Corsair One as operating at less than 20dBa when running at idle. This testing was performed at Orfield Labs, an accredited sound testing lab in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Corsair One's idle noise was measured from one meter in front of the system. The configuration used was an Intel Core i7-7700K, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4, 480GB SSD, 2TB hard disk, and an SF400 power supply. We can verify that these testing results were accurate, and the unit was professionally evaluated. More powerful system configurations will still be very quiet but may not idle all the way down at that level. Also note that this is idle only; load noise will naturally be higher as the cooling system needs to operate as the system generates more heat.

The noise characteristics of the CORSAIR ONE will vary depending on where it is placed and how it is oriented with the user. Measuring sound level from different distances and different angles will affect results. Ambient noise levels in most environments are also going to be high enough to negatively affect any sound reading.

It is also important to note that most consumer level sound testing technology will not be precise enough to accurately report the sound levels of the CORSAIR ONE. Most of these devices operate at a 40dB noise floor, meaning that any reading below 40dB is going to be inaccurate. This is doubly true of smartphone applications. Ambient noise levels in most environments are also going to be high enough to negatively affect any sound reading.

This information being said, there may be some customers who experience issues where the noise level is much higher than normal. These users are encouraged to contact our CORSAIR ONE support team for assistance."

Old 07-27-2018, 08:17 AM
jppf08's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965796
jppf08 Reputation: 10

Hi all.

Update on my situation: I received a replacement of the Pro Plus model and couldn't be happier. The RMA process has been fantastic so far. Once they ordered it I had it delivered in 4 days from Hong Kong to UK which is impressive. Corsair also handled all the shipping costs.

My replacement model is extremely quiet and has no strange flutter/whiring noise coming from the left side. In addition, apps and games actually run smoother. Some games experiencing graphical glitches also appear fixed on this model using the same NVIDIA drivers.

I hope someone finds this information encouraging and helpful, and if you have any doubts about the performance ofyour model, I encourage you to contact support.

Have a great day!

Tags
buzz noise