Corsair Community

HS1 inline volume control

georgykay

Just received my new HSI headset half an hour ago. Have installed software. Headset works fine, made all the adjustments in the software control panel. All is good. Only one problem !! Pressing plus or minus on the in line volume control (regardless if the colour is blue or red) the sound volume does not increase or decrease... Please would appreciate some help. Is there a defect right from the start or am I missing something??? :confused:

That sounds like a fault mate.

Does the volume change when adjusting the volume control in the driver software? (it's the round dial, just click and drag the dial to change the volume). When I push the volume buttons + and – they actually move that dial up and down too.

Update!!

Installed the software on another rig with windows 7 (the one mentioned above was XP and it was just for testing purposes) and everything works fine. But NUG, just to answer your question, the round dial in the software worked perfectly well and turned when you click on it - it did not turn, however, when you pressed the + or - on the inline volume control. Anyway its all done now - its either something to do with XP or just maybe a bad installation. Anyway,it works well on windows 7.

No, mate. I'm afraid that's not it either. The system is XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP 3. Like I said, no problems with my home PC (win 7, 32 bit) - the glitch is here at my PC at work. I'll try to make a fresh install on the XP machine to test it again (if I remember to bring the headset with me to work tomorrow.. ). Thanks anyway to both of you for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
If I understood your post it works on another system but not this one, is that correct? If yes there may be some other audio driver conflicting with it, what Audio or sound card is installed, have you tried to remove the on board audio driver and see if it still reacts in this manor?

Archived