Corsair Community

CUE SDK first time

CTOverton

I downloaded Microsoft Visiual Studio, opened the example solutions. Visual Studio suggests I upgrade them to windows SDK v141 so I do. When I run the .cpp the console appears (using the color pulse example). And nothing happens...

Yes I have enabled SDK in CUE

I downloaded Microsoft Visiual Studio, opened the example solutions. Visual Studio suggests I upgrade them to windows SDK v141 so I do. When I run the .cpp the console appears (using the color pulse example). And nothing happens...

Yes I have enabled SDK in CUE

You updated the net targets as it asks and then you compile successfully and hit the debug or run without debugging and the console pops up and does not say something like handshake failed?

to re-target the project just select Alt P or Project and then re target solution and choose the top option in the drop downs for 141. Recheck the SDK enabled option after a reboot (sometimes this has been hit or miss).

worked on my end

http://smithany.com/worksherepulse.jpg

I am sure we can walk you through the balance or send you a compiled one if it isnt working for whatever reason?

Sorry dude I just realized you may have been on the latest icue? or were you using Cue 2? icue does NOT have an SDK released and seems to sort of support the regular SDK, but it doesn't work the same in my experience in the newest icue.

That said, I just downgraded to the most recent, unofficial release of Cue2 for my sdk app at home and reran the example above with some tweaks and realized the example color wave program as coded does not appear to allow you to change the value of std::atomic_int waveDuration{90};

(defaults is 500 but 90 makes it obvious when there are changes).

adding this under the character '+' switch case:

std::cout << "waveDuration is ";

std::cout << waveDuration.load();

seems to reveal the value changing, but does not seem to update the threads effect for whatever reason. Is that what you meant? I mean, it is "working" about the same on both cue versions, there's just something about the code that is not updating the keys as anticipated. Maybe the SDK versions differed between the tested example and the last release I'm not spotting the error and it is out of my depth but i figured you meant the example just didn't run or compile?

Yeah i realized it may well have been that i was not hitting enter each time i would hit the key. it was using the console to recognize the input, not a getkeypress type of event.

I made these changes and it seems to work great!

see http://smithany.com/colorpulsechnage.jpg

while(continueExecution) {
	char c = getchar();
	switch (c) {
	case '+':
		/*if (waveDuration.load() < 2000) {
			waveDuration += 100;
		}*/
		waveDuration += 100;
		std::cout << "waveDuration is ";
		std::cout << waveDuration.load();
		break;