Corsair Community

Seems Corsair LINK just bricked another H80i

Eximos

I fear that its over, after a update to the latest version of Corsair LINK 2.7.5361 i had trouble with getting the software to detect the H80i, i had to change USB to get it to work.

Once it found the H80i it was so kind to ask if it should update the firmware from v1.00 to 1.07 but after a while it said it was a failed update. Sure it was, the led on the pump didnt light up anymore and bios complains about the cpu fan not working.

Nothing detects any corsair items on USB anymore, SIV did before the update.

The pump seems to pump so maybe i can continue to use it.

Are there any recovery from this?

Put in a support ticket with Corsair.

I had the same issue with my H80i except the fans were always at 100%. I submitted a ticket and they confirmed it was faulty. They were willing to send a replacement but I got a replacement from the place I bought it from instead as it was only like a week old.

Given there is no USB device then I can't see how this can be recovered. Is there a device with a VID/Vendor of 0x0000 and PID/Product of 0x000? If so I suspect this is the H80i, to check unplug the USB cable and see if it goes away. If it can I would be very interested to know how this can be done.

I know the H80 and H100 can, but you need a CL Commander to do this. I suspect the same may be possible for the H80i/H100i but you would probably need either an CL Commander or CL Mini and connect it via a C-Link cable.

What version of Windows are you using and what is [Link Devices] currently reporting? I am wondering if you have 8.1 then when the firmware is being updated the PID changes, Windows installs a new device and EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled is set for the new device. What keys are adjacent to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04?

Sadly it does not seems to be a PID 0 either i have been looking, windows does not react at all when i insert the USB cable into any USB.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20733&stc=1&d=1422627846

attachment.php?attachmentid=20734&stc=1&d=1422627846

attachment.php?attachmentid=20735&stc=1&d=1422627846

Unless there are some secret way to reset this usb device i dont think i will be able to find it again.

reg.JPG.cb805d6782ce7bc3f585b7b2e52c17bb.JPG

linkdevice.png.51757036fd7c75f747e02b5b2f21bd67.png

USB.thumb.png.7e9e254d7dc0966f3d813853cad3044d.png

Thank you for post. I was wondering if there would be a VID_1B1C&PID_0C05 entry.

I would log a support ticket asking for either recovery instructions or an RMA.

If you want to uninstall the ghost CL devices have a read of https://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539?wa=wsignin1.0 and then uninstall the greyed out devices from the Device Manager HID (Human Interface Device) section. There will be at least 6.

When is the next corsair link software release? I had Registry Edit a path for the LED's to even show on my H80i. Hope it real soon??

Closest time I've read is "Really soon" by Corsair Dustin. Just depends on the definition of that is to Corsair. That was just over a week ago.

Archived