Corsair Community

Force 3 240 GB will not update the firmware

Steglits

My Corsair Force 3 240GB does not update from firmware 1.2 to 1.3.3. I have had problems with blue screen on and off. That's why I want to update the firmware. I have followed the instructions in the enclosed pdf file.

Field Updater looks as if the firmware is updated, but when I then do a Rescan of the disk, it has not completed the update.

In the device manager, I see 4 ATA Channels (Ultra DMA mode 6, with activated DMA) and an Intel ® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C02

Yes it was plugged in the Intel Z68 Seriel ATA 3.0 Gb/s. But I've just changed and plugged it into Intel Z68 Seriel ATA 6.0 Gb/s, thus changed to a 6 Gb/s SATA cable also.

I have tried to update via both c: drive, which is Force disk, and the D: drive which is a RAID5 disk, both with no luck.

My Corsair Force 3 240GB does not update from firmware 1.2 to 1.3.3. I have had problems with blue screen on and off. That's why I want to update the firmware. I have followed the instructions in the enclosed pdf file.

Field Updater looks as if the firmware is updated, but when I then do a Rescan of the disk, it has not completed the update.

In the device manager, I see 4 ATA Channels (Ultra DMA mode 6, with activated DMA) and an Intel ® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C02

My config is as follow:

Motherboard ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe

Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GH

Memory - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600CB 4x4 GB

Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD

Promse FASTTRAK TX4310 4 x 500 GB, RAID 5

ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti

2 x Samsung HD103SJ 1000.2 GB

Hi,

I have the exact same issue on a AMD 890FX mainboard.

Anyone have any ideas?

As I wrote initially "I have followed the instructions in the enclosed pdf file." I have unzipped the firmware to the C: drive root, without success. Please Yellowbeard - read the posts above before asking questions already answered ;):

As I wrote initially "I have followed the instructions in the enclosed pdf file." I have unzipped the firmware to the C: drive root, without success. Please Yellowbeard - read the posts above before asking questions already answered ;):

I did read your post. I see examples here every day where people claim they have followed the instructions only to find out that they only read part of them and did not try all of the suggestions in the PDF file.

So, if you'd like assistance, can you answer the question please? I need a specific answer regarding the drivers.

I have followed the guidelines in the attached pdf-file.

I have disabled all other storage tecnics other than Intel, and the Promise TX4310 card (D: drive RAID5).

I have installed the latest driver Intel Rapid Storage tecnic 10.6.0.1002.

I have tryed to use the chipset suppled in the ASUS CD which came with the motherboard cartridge.

Here follow a systemreport from Intel Rapid Store Utility:

System Report

System Information

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise

OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, 7601

System Name: THOMAS-PC

System Manufacturer: System Manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

Processor: genuine intel Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 3.401 GHz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 0902

Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology

Installed Kit: 10.6.0.1002

Version of the user interface: 10.6.0.1002

Language: Swedish (Sweden)

Intel AHCI Controller: Intel ® Desktop / Workstation / Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

Number of SATA ports: 5

Driver Version: 10.6.0.1002

ISDI-Version: 10.6.0.1002

Device Information

Disk on port 0

Port Location: Internal

Type: SSD

Size: 224 GB

Serial number: 11316502000006520178

Model: Corsair Force 3 SSD

Firmware: 1.2

System Disk: Yes

Password Protected: No

Disk Data Cache: Enabled

Native Command Queuing: Yes

SATA transfer rate: 6 GB / sec

Physical Sector Size: 512 bytes

Logical Sector Size: 512 bytes

Disk on port 2

Type: Hard drive

Size: 932 GB

Serial number: S246J9BZC20575

Model: SAMSUNG HD103SJ

Firmware: 1AJ10001

System Disk: No

SATA Transfer Rate: 3 Gb / sec

Counter at port 3

Type: Hard drive

Size: 932 GB

Serial number: S13PJ90SC11015

Model: SAMSUNG HD103UJ

Firmware: 1AA01118

SATA Transfer Rate: 3 Gb / sec

Disk on port 5

Type: SSD

Size: 0 GB

Serial number: B1D0CL574881

Model: ASUS BW 12B1LT

Firmware: 1.02

Disk Data Cache: Disabled

Native: No

SATA transfer rate: 1.5 GB / sec

Physical sector size: 0 bytes

Logical sector size: 0 bytes

Tom Port

Port: 4

I did read your post. I see examples here every day where people claim they have followed the instructions only to find out that they only read part of them and did not try all of the suggestions in the PDF file.

So, if you'd like assistance, can you answer the question please? I need a specific answer regarding the drivers.

I've tried it on a 990FX mainboard with AMD drivers and a 890FX with Microsoft drivers. With the 890FX and MS drivers I get a green checkbox and it seems to be updated correctly but when doing a new scan, it still says 1.3. On the 990FX there appears a red cross instantly after choosing update file.

With the 890FX and MS drivers I get a green checkbox and it seems to be updated correctly but when doing a new scan, it still says 1.3. On the 990FX there appears a red cross instantly after choosing update file.

Thats how the update looks like for me too. I also get the green checkbox, but rescanning shows that the old 1.2 driver still remains in use.

Don't know it is to any help, but I runned a AS SSD Benchmark:

AS SSD Benchmark 1.6.4237.30508

------------------------------

Name: Corsair Force 3 SSD

Firmware: 1.2

Controller: iaStor

Offset: 103424 K - OK

Size: 223,57 GB

Date: 2011-11-08 16:30:19

Sequential:

Read: 211,66 MB/s

Write: 100,72 MB/s

4K:

Read: 19,11 MB/s

Write: 83,83 MB/s

4K-64Threads:

Read: 142,05 MB/s

Write: 107,33 MB/s

Access Times:

Read: 0,205 ms

Write: 0,266 ms

Score:

Read: 182

Write: 201

Total: 479

I have followed the guidelines in the attached pdf-file.

I have disabled all other storage tecnics other than Intel, and the Promise TX4310 card (D: drive RAID5).

I have installed the latest driver Intel Rapid Storage tecnic 10.6.0.1002.

I have tryed to use the chipset suppled in the ASUS CD which came with the motherboard cartridge.

Then you have not follwed all the guidelines in the PDF file. Remove the Intel driver and load the MS AHCI driver and try with that driver.

For you and anyone else in this thread; If you cannot update, RMA the drive and we will update the firmware for you.

Then you have not follwed all the guidelines in the PDF file. Remove the Intel driver and load the MS AHCI driver and try with that driver.

Aaahhh - I thought wrongly ... :!oops:

For you and anyone else in this thread; If you cannot update, RMA the drive and we will update the firmware for you.

Sorry, but what is RMA (I'm not native English spoken)

Are you kidding me?

Should I send the drive to you everytime a new firmware comes out?

Fix the firmware updater!

I have the 90 and 240Gb versions and as it is right now, I cannot use either one. When connected, the computer works fine for a day or two and then the screen goes blank and the drives can no longer be seen. Running from a harddrive, the system works ok for weeks.

I've always used intel SSDs in the past and this is my first experience with Corsairs SSDs and you ask me to send it to you before I even have a chance to use it.

I only have two questions really. Are you going to fix the updater or should I return my drives for Intel ones?

This Corsair SSD Force 256GB 3 is my second SSD from Corsair. The first was a Corsair Force 120GB. It ceased to function, however, so I complained about it to the supplier (INET AB). They wrote that they would first test the disk, and then decide whether they approved the claim or not. In the meantime, I would thus be left without the opportunity to use the computer! I was then forced to immediately buy a disk to (Corsair 256GB SSD Force 3) to avoid being stranded without a computer and updates to my site.

Now did my supplier back to me after I sent them a link to this topic and description of the problem:

----------------------

Hi there,

Please report it to http://www.inet.se tab support. Follow the instructions on our website.

We will take the hard drive to us for testing and repair / replacement of a defect can be verified.

Sincerely

Peter Carlsson

techniques

(INET AB).

----------------------

I do not know if I should laugh or cry. Under present circumstances, I obviously do not recommend a purchase of Corsair SSD drives.

I completely agree with the former comment. - Fix the firmware updater!

Thanks / Tomas

This computer industry is acting immature. They can continue this because almost all customers are more or less dependent on them. What other industry would be able to deliver semi-finished products and then let the customer manage the test run, after which the provider alone to determine if the product defect is of the nature of the product to be replaced, the same product, but with the past, existing customers proven, change?

Advanced RMA = they send the replacement first (and place a hold on your credit card). That way you get it faster than a normal RMA, and as you said, you needed ASAP for work, correct?

OK - how much will the hold on my credit card bee?

Thanks / Tomas

Archived