Corsair Community

Corsair One Refresh: i140, i160, i180 (CES 2019)

Taroskin

See details here:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/c/Cor_Systems

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/ces-2019

Anyone else super excited about these? I was curious about the 9920X as I haven't heard much about that chip - I imagine there's really no reason to opt for the i180 for gaming considering the clock speed difference between it and the 9900k. I get that they are branding the i180 as more of a content machine - I wonder why they didn't call it something else as it's not really a direct upgrade of the i160 and more of a sidegrade? Would've been cool to have the option to have that colour and/or the bigger SSD on the gaming version!

Anyone else thinking the same / getting the i160? Is there a reason we should consider the i180 if we're not mega content creators that I'm overlooking? With the extra PCI-E lanes I wonder if they could('ve) add(ed) a thunderbolt 3 controller to make that USB C port a bit more useful to content guys?

Either way, massive upgrades - the machines look great, can't wait to test one out and read some more in depth reviews and benchmarks!

I really hope it becomes available in Hong Kong.

Last model was assembled in Hong Kong, but shipped to USA, then to 3rd parties in US, then ship back to HK out of warranty.

Please Corsair... Allow your HK retailers to sell it in HK or buy from your assembly plant in HK! Please!

Not holding my b..r...e....a.....t......h.......

Any info on how many nvme-slots it has (i140/i160), i.e. can another nvme-drive be added (easily)?

the MSI z370 Mortar they use has two M.2 stacked on top of each other on the top side of the board

very surprised to learn that with the much hotter cpu's for the i140 and i160 both got a diet radiator on the cpu side down to 140ml from 240ml in the previous version,

while the i180 got a 160ml diet on the cpu side with an even hotter cpu specs,

the gpu side maintains a 240ml radiator as the previous one models had,

I really wish they would have used the Asrock Z390 board in these since they used the AsRock x299 in the Pro version. Well that or at least a MSI Z390 in the i160 instead of a z370 if they had to use MSI.

I modded my original Corsair One Pro with the Asrock Z390 board and it's fantastic.

Hopefully the new gen6 pumps, the new PSU location and outward fan facing, and the non blower fan on the GPU lead to a more quiet system though. Pretty much all the improvements a v2 system should have really outside the MLB gripe.

the 2080 gpu's are also not a full form factor size gpu,

it seem they limited power consumption from the gpu so the SF600 psu can keep up with the RTX,

while nvidia calls for a minimum of 650W for the RTX line; with SF600 either the i140 or the i160 are up to spec,

not even at minimum let alone a buffer like the i180 has with regards to power consumption,

Overall I'm excited about the i180 -- I'm mostly a Mac user but I want to get a really powerful machine that is as compact as i180, users the latest ray-tracing HW and has along-time future lifetime. I am concerned from the information I'm reading, that to my knowledge, no mention is made of ports such the USB-3.1 gen2, USB-C or a Thunderbolt-3 port. Nor for possible use in high-end system modeling does it support the new USB-C based VirtualLink for single cable VR headsets. Lack of these items limits the future life and its professional use appeal of this machine.

I mention that the One Pro has bluetooth drivers available for download but again I see no mention of bluetooth HW so as to be able to drive wireless Keyboards, and Mice, or included WiFi (Would it have v6?). The machine is new so maybe this is al addressed in the descriptions I haven't seen yet.

Maybe people will jump on this and defend the decisions Corsair made on the machine as it is define which is an otherwise nearly perfect machine.

when are we going to get a 10gb networking speed on this units?, I mean this is a 5k$ pc with almost workstation performance. I want to upgrade my corsair one 1080ti but looking for a 10gbe interface included.

10gbe switches are not out of reach anymore and are more common in nas units this days, anyone who has a $5k pc would probably have a good nas too.

LoL at those prices tho, I thought the Corsair One Elite was bad enough but nearly £5000 for a gaming PC, forget it.

In fairness the i180 isn't a gaming PC, it's effectively a graphic creators / 3D modeller's PC that happens to be able to able to play any game. The i160 is the top tier gaming PC of the bunch

According to the press release:

The CORSAIR ONE i140 is available immediately from the CORSAIR webstore in North America. The CORSAIR ONE i160 and CORSAIR ONE PRO i180 will be available from the CORSAIR webstore early in 2019. All three systems will be available from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors later in 2019.

Wondering if “webstore” refers to the NA webstore or worldwide webstore for the i160 and i180.

How long did it take for the previous versions to release worldwide?

I think it's about time I upgrade from my 5+ year old laptop

Archived