Corsair Community

Corsair SF600 X99 current and possible mini itx 8700K...Rig

Leemarvin

Hi, I'm right now deciding if leaving my X99 Rig and move to a mini itx one, more than probably with an I7 8700K. In the meantime I've already bought a Corsair SF600 and while I see if I make the change, I was planning on selling my Seasonic 850W Gold Plus and use the Corsair (with an ATX adaptor) with my current X99 rig (for reference my System Specs). But now I have doubts that not only in the meantime the Corsair might not handle my X99/Xeon Rig, but also that maybe it would not handle my probably future mini itx one with my current components (+ more than probably another SSD) and the 8700K instead of the more cores but low TDP Xeon I have...

...what do you think? I've already have both PSUs but I really need that extra bucks that would give me selling the Seasonic. Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee
I think you'd be cutting it a little close with a 600W PSU. Given your system specs, you're probably hovering around 550W average consumption, but that's just using numbers for base components, no overclocking, etc. You can likely run it with a 600W PSU, but you may want a little more headroom.

Archived