The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933140
Kurakkon Reputation: 10

Probably the reason why this thread is so silent, if that's the case. No actual fix exists.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:29 PM

POST ID # = 933633
ShadowRanger Reputation: 10

I submitted a support ticket to Corsair regarding this issue, and I've basically been told that there are no issues on Corsair's side and that this is our issue with a driver confliction or grounding issue. This is pathetic, there's so many people with this issue, and we get told there's no issues by Corsair? The issue only occurs when CUE drivers are installed...

Old 01-04-2018, 11:01 PM

POST ID # = 933795
Reefboi16 Reputation: 14

Yea that's a bunch of crap. I bought two different usb headsets and they both sucked, no fix, no answer nothing. I am no stuck with one because I kept it over my return time thinking Corsair would fix it, good thing I got this bad *** Asus ROG centurion for Christmas.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:35 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933819
Zotty Reputation: 52

I had this issue on both my void and my void pro.. only did it while in games and when using Kodi.. but its not done it now for over two weeks now.... has to be software based imho

Edit.. the only thing I had changed was moving the dongle from the ST100 to the passthrough on the back of my MM800

Last edited by Zotty; 01-05-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933831
Kurakkon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I had this issue on both my void and my void pro.. only did it while in games and when using Kodi.. but its not done it now for over two weeks now.... has to be software based imho

Edit.. the only thing I had changed was moving the dongle from the ST100 to the passthrough on the back of my MM800
Absolutely its software based.

In my case, my older PC that had CUE on it had an older version of CUE. I know this because when I tried to run the updater via CUE it threw an error and didnt update. On that older PC, the VOID was working without any problems.

On my new PC, built 4 weeks or so ago, the issue was immediately apparent. Tested via multiple USB ports. The only difference is the version of CUE I use. I don't know what the older version was, as the old PC no longer exists, but any version of CUE that I download right now exhibits this issue.

It is definitely a CUE issue, as when CUE isn't installed, the problem doesn't exist though the VOID only then works in stereo not 7.1.

So objectively this is a CUE software-caused problem.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:50 AM

POST ID # = 934156
ShadowRanger Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurakkon View Post
Absolutely its software based.

In my case, my older PC that had CUE on it had an older version of CUE. I know this because when I tried to run the updater via CUE it threw an error and didnt update. On that older PC, the VOID was working without any problems.

On my new PC, built 4 weeks or so ago, the issue was immediately apparent. Tested via multiple USB ports. The only difference is the version of CUE I use. I don't know what the older version was, as the old PC no longer exists, but any version of CUE that I download right now exhibits this issue.

It is definitely a CUE issue, as when CUE isn't installed, the problem doesn't exist though the VOID only then works in stereo not 7.1.

So objectively this is a CUE software-caused problem.
I completely agree. I have confirmed the exact same, it is 100% a software based issue. I have told this to Corsair Support but they don't think there is an issue and told me they can inform their bug team but that it would probably not get very far. I expected better support than this to be honest.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:43 AM

POST ID # = 934178
Porogamis Reputation: 10

Just got the Void Pro Wireless. The static is really annoying me, might return them because of it.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:57 AM

POST ID # = 934281
tcul1972 Reputation: 10

I didn't have this static issue until the latest Win10 update. It is really making iracing difficult for me so I uninstalled my Void wireless headset and am using my Razer headset. That really sucks because the Void headset is much better.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:24 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934298
Zotty Reputation: 52

3 days on and still no sign of this issue returning. Not sure why aside from moving the dongle from my ST100 and I doubt very much that had anything to do with it. all my software and devices are on latest drivers/firmware etc etc.

it's nearly 3 weeks since my last 'static' episode

Old 01-14-2018, 12:28 PM
nadesicod25's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935393
nadesicod25 Reputation: 10

Got Corsair Void PRO RGB USB using CUE plugged into my K95 Platinum Keyboard I get a static buzzing noise very low tone left ear cup only when I am on Teamspeak and Discord.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:48 PM

POST ID # = 936579
shoke Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadesicod25 View Post
Got Corsair Void PRO RGB USB using CUE plugged into my K95 Platinum Keyboard I get a static buzzing noise very low tone left ear cup only when I am on Teamspeak and Discord.
The same problem to me, I have lagged sound when I use simultaneously TeamSpeak 3 and Discord or Battle.net voice and Discord, but only when I set active in CUE the Surround Sound.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:04 PM
pturini's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936845
pturini Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantas View Post
Hey,

i bought the Corsair Void Pro Wireless 7.1 a week ago. But i have all the time static noise in the background which goes on everytime the headset receives sound.

I tried multiple usb slots 3.0/2.0 and EQ settings. But i cant fix it.
I think the problem is the Corsair Utility Engine. If i uninstall it the background noise disappears.

But i want to use 7.1 so i need another way to fix it. Anyone know another way to fix my problem? Maybe with an older version of the driver or something else?
I'm having the exact same problem. Got my Void USB only 2 days ago, and it's quite annoying

Old 01-22-2018, 07:43 PM

POST ID # = 936865
Reefboi16 Reputation: 14

So I guess its safe to say they gave up working on this?

Old 02-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Dubz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938843
Dubz Reputation: 10

Think i'm done with Corsair sadly.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 AM
smegmannen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938849
smegmannen Reputation: 10

Ive had my void wireless for 2+ years now and only recently when i decided to get the new cue app and update the firmware has the issues statet in this thread and some others started occuring.
Doesn't matter if i sit 3 cm or three rooms away from the reciever, the sound crackles, disappears, the headset disconnects and instantly reconnects and it doesn't matter if i repair it to the dongle, what USB port i use, if it is charging or not or whatever.
also, each time i change usb-port or re pair the headset a "new" device is made in windows so im up to like "73 -corsair void wireless".

Does any one know where older firmware images can be found?
ive searched but cant seem to find any and its what i think might be able to help.

Tags
sound problem, static noise