The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2014, 07:42 PM
TylerAD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 735283
TylerAD Reputation: 10

So far so good. It is louder then the other releases. I have to use lower volumes to achieve the same level. The sound other then that seems better, the bass is also not as distorted as before. I will post here if I can think of anything more. I still mute the mic and line IN under sound properties to get the best/hiss free experience.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:42 PM
CountreeGamer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 735594
CountreeGamer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtus View Post
When changing volume headset either goes mute or software and game freezes, Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah.... Are you on Windows 10 preview?

Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Irondog55's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738478
Irondog55 Reputation: 10

Installed and been using the drivers for a week or two now and I have to say the 3D positioning is *MUCH* better. Really accurate!
The only caveat is that it sounds tinny and distorted, like the quality has taken a severe drop. I have also changed output to DVD quality and that helped a little, but not too much :/. I was using 1.1 on windows 7, but since I made the jump to windows 8.1, it really doesnt want to use the old version.
Currently running 2.0.35 on windows 8 with a Corsair Vengeance 1500v1. I really want my sound quality back. Its currently terrible. Sorry guys :(

Old 10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Irondog55's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739087
Irondog55 Reputation: 10

Going back to 1_1.1 The sound quality is tremendous. Got it working in windows 7 compatibility mode.
Also, instead of DVD quality, I can get studio quality 32 bit 96000hz, I couldnt get this with the new drivers. The difference between DVD quality and Studio on 1_1.1 is minimal but noticeable. The DVD quality compared from 1_1.1 to 2.0.35 is worlds apart. maybe something to look into. Till then I will continue to use Studio 96K till the next drivers are solid. Just some constructive feedback for you Corsair bods ;)

Old 11-02-2014, 08:31 AM

POST ID # = 739516
chronidus Reputation: 10

The drivers have gone downhill ever since they upgraded to the new control panel. The HS1 panel was far better and sadly I have to admit it but any headset post HS1 has seemed to be a step-down in audio quality. I will continue to recommend corsair RAM but for now I am no longer buying any Corsair Audio products, it seems the audio products now are just an afterthought.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Chewie UK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739875
Chewie UK Reputation: 10

I bought my H2100s on Sunday so have no experience with anything other than this latest version.
I have, though, been utterly dumfounded at such poor sound quality for £100 headphones.
Volume is way too amplified and dolby(R) settings make things worse.
I am sitting here listening to internet radio with all EQ set to zero and volume at '12' in an attempt to reduce distortion but it's just not working.
With the 50mm drivers these headphones could be outstanding but with the over-amplification they sound like cheap rubbish.
I have some old Sony RF wireless headphones that sound much better than these things and would appear to still last twice as long per charge.
This is quite apart from the faffing around swapping between speakers/phones in the windows applet that now (since H2100 installation) takes 1m25s to open.
Having come here and found that these are literally a re-badged old model with loads of un-addressed issues, I feel like I got conned.
I'm taking them back to PC World this afternoon as I believe the money would be better spent on something, anything else.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:58 AM

POST ID # = 740659
SilenzXE Reputation: 10

Okay, um, Corsair? I love you? Your K90, K70, K70 RGB, HS-1, 1500s, 1500 V2s, all awesome? But...

Sadly, these drivers are terrible. Just, awful. I'm sorry, but they are completely unusable, and if you have a pair of 1500s or 2100s, you really really need to be using the 1.1.1 drivers. Those are what I am on, and I dare not upgrade further anymore.

Every time I do so, I just instantly get burned. I was hopeful, really, I was, but if the sound quality DECREASES after I upgrade, I am not interested.

What happened, guys? An age ago, when the HS-1s were released, we had voice modulation (which, I admit I never really used) and all kinds of other neat stuff. As it is, the drivers now offer little in features aside from an equalizer. I really like how you can adjust the 7.1 speakers and such things, but I stick with Stereo if I'm perfectly honest.

Could you please maybe just, scrap every update past the 1.1.1 drivers, and just start from there again? Just, preserve everything there, but add support for whatever new headsets and such?

I mean, if you're not going to try to add any more cool features or anything, well... I would like for you to at least stop parading the new, functionally kaput drivers, and start sharing downloads for the old ones.

Thank you.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Minax's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740672
Minax Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenzXE View Post
Okay, um, Corsair? I love you? Your K90, K70, K70 RGB, HS-1, 1500s, 1500 V2s, all awesome? But...

Sadly, these drivers are terrible. Just, awful. I'm sorry, but they are completely unusable, and if you have a pair of 1500s or 2100s, you really really need to be using the 1.1.1 drivers. Those are what I am on, and I dare not upgrade further anymore.

Every time I do so, I just instantly get burned. I was hopeful, really, I was, but if the sound quality DECREASES after I upgrade, I am not interested.

What happened, guys? An age ago, when the HS-1s were released, we had voice modulation (which, I admit I never really used) and all kinds of other neat stuff. As it is, the drivers now offer little in features aside from an equalizer. I really like how you can adjust the 7.1 speakers and such things, but I stick with Stereo if I'm perfectly honest.

Could you please maybe just, scrap every update past the 1.1.1 drivers, and just start from there again? Just, preserve everything there, but add support for whatever new headsets and such?

I mean, if you're not going to try to add any more cool features or anything, well... I would like for you to at least stop parading the new, functionally kaput drivers, and start sharing downloads for the old ones.

Thank you.
Do you have those 1.1.1 driver ? and could you please share them ?

Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 740686
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

The v1.1.1 drivers are for the V1500. If you own a different headset e.g. V2100, etc. THe drivers will not work.

Here is the link to v1.1.1 for the V1500
http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsa...iver_1-1_1.exe

Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Minax's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740704
Minax Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
The v1.1.1 drivers are for the V1500. If you own a different headset e.g. V2100, etc. THe drivers will not work.

Here is the link to v1.1.1 for the V1500
http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsa...iver_1-1_1.exe
i find strange that corsair dont adress peoples problems with the drivers.
i my self do not have that many problem with the headset ( get a buzzing sound when iam charging them and using mic. )

Old 11-08-2014, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 740714
AntiNeutrino Reputation: 10

Just picked up the HD2100 headset last night. I own several Corsair products. Top notch. The headsets themselves fit, feel, function great. The software does suck. I have only managed to get into it a couple times. When I try and run it it locks up. Think it has something to do with NVidia and SLI.

Update, I've managed to get the software to at least load/run. I think it has issues with Nvidia, SLI and possibly multiple monitors.... I updated video drivers and disabled sli to get it to run.

Last edited by AntiNeutrino; 11-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:53 PM
icabod's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740760
icabod Reputation: 10

Similar to other people, I have just installed the new drivers and it's markedly worse than my previous version (2.0.27 I think?). A shame, as my 1500 headset itself is lovely.

Previous version, I kept the volume on about 8/100, and it was about right for most games. Now I have to have the volume on 2/100 and it's about the same for me. I've done the usual steps of disabling various "audio enhancements" in Windows.

The really unusual thing for me is that having the volume on 0/100, I can still just about hear the game I'm playing. Pressing "mute" actually does mute it.

System spec is Vengeance 1500, Windows 8.1 64bit.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:38 PM

POST ID # = 741550
mrdns Reputation: 10

I just got my 2100, but I can't install the software. It freezes my PC (Windows 8.1, most recent update), I have to force shut down the computer mannually.

Anyone else facing the same problem?

Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 AM

POST ID # = 741571
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Have you tried turning off Smartscreen? Does it help?
Do you have the latest drivers installed? (Chipset, GPU, peripheral devices, etc)

Old 11-13-2014, 07:47 PM
gratefulpoke's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741681
gratefulpoke Reputation: 10

Downloaded the software and extracted the zip file and then installed. When I go to open, the icon flashes but program does not open. Also having issues with my mic. Just bought the Corsair Vengeance 2100 yesterday. Other than these issues, the sound is great.