The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 04:25 AM

POST ID # = 921979
Jer0men Reputation: 10

So I thought it was about time to invest in a new headset. WOW.

I'm a disappointed to say the least, I thought I'd purchased a reasonable quality headset only to now find that the mic isn't up to scratch and hasn't been for years.

I'm not a loud speaker and having to install 3rd party software to have the mic work is not what I wanted to be doing. Your mouth position suggestion does not work, I either have to put the mic mm from my mouth or SHOUT to get heard.

I think I will be returning this headset to where I bought it and going back to what I know.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:02 PM
kdlanejr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922720
kdlanejr Reputation: 10

Running CUE 2.14.67 and a wireless Void headset here. I've had my headset for about 18 months with zero issues associated with mic volume control. Skype works without issue. I do not use gaming software to talk during the game.

My only audio/mic concerns come from having to manually select the default communications device from time to time. I have an Audio Technica Microphone connected via usb that is always on so I can communicate without the headset or select the headset and utilize it. This requires going into skype and selecting my speakers and microphone. Occasionally I have to start from the beginning and set the properties in Windows for headset playback, then microphone levels, the back into skype.., etc.

As far as the microphone not picking up.., Anything that my daughter says while in the room +/- 8ft. gets picked up and transmitted, including the television show playing in the background.

I'd suggest that anyone having issues with the Void headset, wireless or wired, has an unresolved driver conflict OR actually has a defective headset. If you cannot get it to function properly using the skype test call after you've configured it in your OS and Skype then you should probably be doing an RMA with Corsair instead of passing the buck back to the store where you purchased it.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922841
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer0men View Post
So I thought it was about time to invest in a new headset. WOW.

I'm a disappointed to say the least, I thought I'd purchased a reasonable quality headset only to now find that the mic isn't up to scratch and hasn't been for years.

I'm not a loud speaker and having to install 3rd party software to have the mic work is not what I wanted to be doing. Your mouth position suggestion does not work, I either have to put the mic mm from my mouth or SHOUT to get heard.

I think I will be returning this headset to where I bought it and going back to what I know.
Which headset and version of CUE do you currently have installed? Are you having issues with one specific program, or is it in all applications?

Old 11-28-2017, 03:42 AM

POST ID # = 928117
Ingen Reputation: 10
Default Headset Mic too quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Which headset and version of CUE do you currently have installed? Are you having issues with one specific program, or is it in all applications?
Am going to step in on this with my issue.

I own a K95 RGB Platinum, a Scimitar Pro RGB and I decided that what my setup needed was the Void Pro RGB USB.

So, I purchased a Void Pro RGB USB a few days ago, I use comms software alot, normally I have game sounds playing though speakers and only comms over headset.

As the audio on the corsair product was so good that I thought I would try it for comms. Apparently not a good idea.

This headset only picks up my voice when I have the microphone placed in my mouth. I have sidetone on full, I have edited the profile xml to unlock the 25 to 100 (why is this a thing?) so I can now raise the Headset Microphone level in Windows properties.

In Teamspeak I had to lower the sensitivity by -30DB to hear myself on the local test. In Discord more. This is with the microphone touching my lips. In a more sensible and comfortable position I hear nothing. I've basically given up.

I've got 2 other headsets that I've used before, I double checked the settings to make sure I wasn't going crazy, this is by far the quietest microphone.

Putting a microphone in your mouth should never be an answer. My other 2 headsets the mic is below and to the left of my mouth, pick up is fine, external noise levels are fine. I have to SHOUT to make this mic work in the same place with all settings at max.

CUE V 2.20.72, Headset CA-9011154-EU

Pretty much returning the product today at this rate. It's too much money to justify half a device.

Sorry for wall of text, really wanted to love this headset out of the box.

EDIT: Headset returned.

Last edited by Ingen; 11-29-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Pointless posting about microphone quality.