Corsair Community

corsair one GREY screen

pizza_lover

so my PC was working before I left to the doctor.

However now when I got home when I boot up... it shows the option to go into the bios, restore and after that it should bring me to my login screen but that isn't the case!!

But now its bringing me to a GREY screen and a loop is happening and a bunch of green is on the screen. as if the graphics is screwed :eek::eek:

Tried clear CMOS, tried switching monitors and now I am currently trying to system restore. Will update on the system restore :(:

Edit #1: System RESTORE did nothing

Edit #2; I am able to get into safe mode, however I can't system repair in advanced mode. When i try to let it boot normally, nothing happens on the monitors

edit#3: currently resetting PC profile I used to see if maybe it was corrupt.

edit#4: previous edit didn't fix anything, gonna try another thing in safe mode. Wish it would just work, it hasn't been move from my desk and i have a lock on my door

I had some display issues but very different. I had to unplug the cable from the monitor and C1. Then unplug the C1 and Monitor power cables for 1 minute and then finally hook it all back up. it worked here

see my monitors work, they work when I am in safe mode and resetting and even when im in the bios. so i might try that but i highly doubt itll do anything :(:

see my monitors work, they work when I am in safe mode and resetting and even when im in the bios. so i might try that but i highly doubt itll do anything :(:

Prequel: I would normally suggest checking Windows error logging to see what's going on. However, experience says if a user hasn't already done so, they likely won't find the error logging to be helpful, even when pasting it to those who can understand the logs. If you do have some experience with checking Windows logs, I suggest looking for what errors are being generated during normal Windows start up. If not, read on for some troubleshooting tips... we can always come back around to the error logs later :)

Check the cable from PC to Display. Even if it sounds like a software issue, check the video cable. Make sure it's secure at both ends. Maybe even try a different cable if you can. There are reasons a physical cable can cause the issue you've described (HDCP checks failing in Normal mode https://www.howtogeek.com/208917/htg-explains-how-hdcp-breaks-your-hdtv-and-how-to-fix-it/ ). Always check the cable.

If your monitor's working with your Corsair ONE when in Windows Safe Mode, then use Safe Mode to look at what apps are starting up with the system and disable them one by one (except for Corsair LINK, don't disable it), rebooting into normal mode each time, to see if any of them are causing the issue. This might help identify if one specific startup app is causing the problem in normal windows mode through the process of elimination.

Note that you can disable them all at once (except for Corsair LINK) at first just to see if booting into Normal mode with them all disabled fixes the problem, then hunt down the pesky bugger causing the problem.

Here are the instructions for disabling startup programs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026268/windows-change-startup-apps-in-windows-10

Again, remember to leave Corsair LINK enabled. Don't disable it. However, you can try reinstalling it. Make sure it's the version for your Corsair One and not the standard Link version, they're different.

Also, you can try using Safe Mode to uninstall and reinstall your Nvidia graphics drivers in case one of the files became corrupted.

You can also try rolling back recent Windows Updates to before this started to occur, but I would save that for last, because other Corsair One's are functioning properly with the latest Windows updates.

Good luck, I hope this helps! :)

Everything was great for a month, One day I had to go out to an appointment.

I live alone and don't have pets, turned off my PC like normal and my two monitors (1920x1080 (144 hz), came back two hours later wouldn't load the login quickly like before.

PC turned on, went to a grey screen and showed a cogwheel loop and would freeze after a while showing greenish and pink lines/tears

Then after a few restarts, It completely stopped displaying anything on my monitors and occasionally allowed me to the "We were unable to repair this PC" and take me to the advanced troubleshoot, I couldn't repair the system, I was able to get into safe mode a few times before I completely gave up trying to normally login because it wouldn't display anything :eek::eek::eek:

LOT# 174300446

SKU# CS-9000011-NA

Archived