Corsair Community

Max Voltage question about Dominator RAM

brighttail

Greetings all,

I have a kit of Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout. It is the kit they made only 500 of. In the documentation it runs at 3200Mhz but says it has been binned for 3600Mhz. Getting it there is fairly simply, just add voltage from 1.35v to 1.45v.

I'm wondering if 1.50v is safe because I can run 4000Mhz and have it pass all memory tests I can throw at it. I'm just wondering if that is beyond the safe specifications of this type of RAM. I don't OC RAM often so I'm not sure about max voltage but I know that some current kits of RAM that can go to 4000Mhz runs at 1.5v stock.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

The absolute max V the ICs used on that kit are rated for by Samsung is 1.5V. However if you loosen the primary timings a bit, you should be able to reach DDR4-4000 with less than that. For example i only need around 1.4V for DDR4-4000 16-16-16 with my Torques (on ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex).

The absolute max V the ICs used on that kit are rated for by Samsung is 1.5V. However if you loosen the primary timings a bit, you should be able to reach DDR4-4000 with less than that. For example i only need around 1.4V for DDR4-4000 16-16-16 with my Torques (on ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex).

Well I was able to get the kit to 4000Mhz on 1.46v with 16-18-18-39-t1

I did 400% passes on memtest with no issues. I had 4 errors at 1.45v.

Archived