Corsair Community

VOID Won't connect after flashing firmware

Avari

After flashing the firmware as instructed, the software told me to that it was in pair mode, and to press and hold the power button until LED indicators stop blinking. I have tried doing this several times and all that happens is the USB dongle keeps blinking and the "infomic" gets a green light on it as well as a red one. I have even held the power button for a couple minutes to no avail. Fix pls.

Is the dongle in pairing mode? (Rapid flashing)

You can get it into pairing mode using a paper clip by inserting it into the small hole pressing the button under the L.E.D.

Once its in pairing mode (rapid flashing), press and hold the power button again until the headset pairs with the dongle.

Make sure the headset is off as well before pairing.

After flashing the firmware as instructed, the software told me to that it was in pair mode, and to press and hold the power button until LED indicators stop blinking. I have tried doing this several times and all that happens is the USB dongle keeps blinking and the "infomic" gets a green light on it as well as a red one. I have even held the power button for a couple minutes to no avail. Fix pls.

Can you PM me the instructions to flash the headset please?

I am still waiting to hear back from Corsair.

I have the exact same issue... when i first got the headset, i changed so when the headset is fully operational, the logo glows yellow all the time on standard. Now the logo literally just change its coulors to all the colours of the rainbow on a loop, while an indicator on the mic blinks red...

I managed to connect it by first pressing the button on the dongle until it flashes rapidly then holding the power button on the headset until it connected. Previusly I didn't HOLD the button on the headset, I just pressed it.

Omg Corsair, thanks for breaking my £90 headset that i only bought last week, way to go! Wont connect, when switched on the rgb lights are always on, 2 infomic lights flashing all the time.. jesus why did u have to update the FW?

I'll be sending these back if this isnt fixed by tomorrow, such a ballache from a company that has such good products :(:

Can everyone who gets to this thread who has the issue but is not reading through it please do these following steps explained a few times over the forum before posting.

1. Find something you can put into the dongle (the wireless connector) and hold it in, in the little hole until it starts to RAPIDLY BLINK, not the slow searching light and it's the dongle, not the headset.

2. Make sure your headset is turned OFF before doing this next step.

3. While the dongle is blinking in fast repetition, HOLD the power button on the headset and it should pair with each other once again.

Has helped everyone who actually tried so far. Try it a few times if it fails.

Can everyone who gets to this thread who has the issue but is not reading through it please do these following steps explained a few times over the forum before posting.

1. Find something you can put into the dongle (the wireless connector) and hold it in, in the little hole until it starts to RAPIDLY BLINK, not the slow searching light and it's the dongle, not the headset.

3. While the dongle is blinking in fast repetition, HOLD the power button on the headset and it should pair with each other once again.

Thanks, at least someone here was able to give some simple instructions to fix this, i appreciate this. Something Corsair need to make more clear whether in the instructions/setup guide that comes in the box or a clearly stated webpage for people to go to.

Im all up and running again :)

Worked like a charm ..

Thx for taking time to explain and for helping. . thumbs up :)

Soo, how screwed am I if this does not work after 10+ tries?

Do get it to blink, but does not connect when starting the headphones:sigh!:

After numerous failed tries with the smallest paperclip I could find, I was finally able to push the recessed button on the dongle using a small length of thin steel wire.

Depending on where you live, the standard size of paper clip might not be adequately small/thin to properly do this. If you hit the recessed button properly, you'll feel it depress. If this doesn't happen, you'll need to use something thinner, like the steel wire I used.

Is the dongle in pairing mode? (Rapid flashing)

You can get it into pairing mode using a paper clip by inserting it into the small hole pressing the button under the L.E.D.

Once its in pairing mode (rapid flashing), press and hold the power button again until the headset pairs with the dongle.

Make sure the headset is off as well before pairing.

TY fixed for me

Hi guys, i tried to connect like... 20 times without any luck. Then i figured out what i was doing wrong.

Do these steps:

1. Make sure your headset is OFF

2. Hold the reset button on the dongle (USB THINGY) in with a paperclip, earring or something else that will fit, until the dongle rapidly blinks.

3. Then hold the power button in on the headset UNTIL IT PAIRS <-- This is the keyword. I had to hold it for like... 15 seconds. Make sure to hold it in not only till the headset turns ON but until it PAIRS.

Regards.

coldblooded :D:

i just do this by these steps, and it connect succefully, i haven't use it for couple of days and even think it was broken!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I have the same issue. Just bought brand new Corsair Void RGB pro

1. Tried resetting the usb stick +10 times(wont start blink fast)

2. Tried holding the on button for pairing on the headset, nothing happens.

I see the headset is blinking faster.

3. Tried upgrading the firmware and reinstalling the software (deleted the CUE folder in appdata aswell)

4. Tried the same routine all over again after the fw update. Nothing.

Seems like the USB stick is the problem?

Next for me will be delivering this in buying another headset. This is very dissapointing as I really liked these headset and they are super comfortable.

Hope you have a soulution for me.

Archived