Corsair Community

Fractal Design Define R6 with h150i pro

zacke222

Hello im building a computer for the first time in like 20 years.

And u have a few questions.

The Fractal Design Define R6 has its own fan hub at the back of the case so the 3 case fans have been installed there with its own hub power to a sata conection and a 4 pin connector going from the hub to Cpu_fan on the motherbord.

Now for the question, The H150i has 3 fans connected to the the pump with its own sata power and usb, and a 3 pin connector that is said to go to Cpu_fan.

i do however have a connector at the hub on the back of the case for a 4 pin pwm fan that report rpm to the motherbord."dont rely think i want to put it here"

And i also have a 4pin Aio_Pump connection on the motherbord.

So what should i connect what to?

1. move the hub fans and connect them to Cpu_opt and put the h150i

on cpu_fan

2. put the h150I in the Aoi_fan connection.

3. put the h150i on the fan hub.

the Hub,Cpu_Fan and Aio_Pump r all 4pins and the h150i is 3 pin? what pins should i use not to screw up the connection.

Hop for som insight of the strange world of computer building.

one more thing make your ansers esy to understan, like if your talking to a stupid child ;) as litle technical jargon as posible please lol =)

Thx in advance.

The fan connection for the H150 should, ideally, be placed on the CPU_FAN header. This will both prevent the CPU_FAN warning AND give you that warning if the pump should fail.

The radiator fans should be plugged in to the fan connectors coming off of the pump. This allows the cooler to control the fan speeds.

The connector for the fan hub can go on any open 4-pin (PWM) header. You should have several on that motherboard. The AIO_PUMP header is just a renamed standard PWM header that's set to full power (100%). If you go into the BIOS and enable Q-FAN control for that header, it'll work like any other fan header.

hmm a few more questions.

Question 1

The cpu_Fan has 4 pins

1*Cpu fan pwm

2*cpu fan in

3*cpu fan pwr

4*gnd

am i using 1,2,3 for my 3 pin aoi connector?

"sorry lookt at the connector it only fits one way so i gues its 2,3,4"

Guess the fan contorl goes to the program that comes with the h150i when its connected with the usb right?

Question2

is the aoi pump goinga at full rpm all the time and the warmer the processor get the more the Radiator fans will increse to cool the water? or is the pump speed also regulated by the cpu_fan connection.

Question 3

It should then be fine if i use the Cpu_opt for the 3 chassi fan that coneccted to the hub? if the case/cpu gets warmer they will also speed upp?

1) Correct. All pump and fan control is done through the software and USB connection.

2) You will have 3 speeds for the pump. It will not automatically change and it typically does not need to. For most people I suggest putting in on the middle "balanced" speed of 2160 rpm and leaving it. That is quiet enough for desktop work and does not impact performance. The Extreme speed can be usually be heard and the quiet speed gives up a few degrees in performance. Fan speed will react to coolant temperature, as directed by you in iCUE.

3) The only thing the H150i motherboard connector does is report a pump speed to the BIOS and initiate a boot error when on CPU fan, if something were to happen. Since the speed control is not operated through that cable, it doesn't really matter where it goes, except moving it off CPU fan will take away the boot error warning if the pump goes.

Asus headers are getting to be a bit irritating. CPU and OPT are twins, with OPT copying the directions for CPU. Theoretically you could put the H150i header on CPU fan with other fans on OPT and program CPU fan with desired curve for OPT. However, CPU/OPT can only be set to CPU temp and tends to overreact. Whatever you connect there is going to jump up and down, regardless of any fan delays you set. You can also convert the AIO or W_Pump header back into a chassis fan header, but it also only reacts to CPU temp. That may or may not help and I have not extensively tested it (and not at all on the new Z390 boards).

Archived