Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro 4x 8Gb (2x 8gb kits) boot failure

mikeh117

Hi. I have a Ryzen 2700x and a MSI X470 Gaming M7 motherboard. I purchased a 16Gb (2x 8Gb) Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro RAM kit CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 v5.32 and the PC runs fine with this. The MSI website states the CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 (4x 8Gb kit) v5.32 is compatible so I purchased another identical 2x 8Gb kit to effectively make this a 4x 8Gb kit and give myself 32Gb total.

Unfortunately the PC won't boot with these 4 chips in the PC together. Both kits work fine as a pair and individually I can't can't find any fault with any single RAM chip. The issue is the motherboard reports a POST code of F9 and nothing is shown on the display. I'm running the latest bios. All chips have the same firmware (0.95.51). I've reset the bios and loaded defaults yet nothing works. Is this configuration compatible?

Thanks.

So I think I’ve narrowed this down to XMP. Any adjustments to the clock speed across all four sticks of ram from a default of 2133 at 15-15-15-36 seems to break it. I actually had to flashback the bios as it corrupted when I tried to POST with an XMP profile loaded setting it to the suggested 3200 and 16-16-18-36. Anyone any ideas how I can run these at higher speed?

• Corsair Employee
So I think I’ve narrowed this down to XMP. Any adjustments to the clock speed across all four sticks of ram from a default of 2133 at 15-15-15-36 seems to break it. I actually had to flashback the bios as it corrupted when I tried to POST with an XMP profile loaded setting it to the suggested 3200 and 16-16-18-36. Anyone any ideas how I can run these at higher speed?

Return both kits and purchase a single 32gb kit.

-Art

Archived