Corsair Community

No h100iv2 or lighting node pro in icue anymore

Bingo6104

Ok, I have been searching and reading for hours. After trying all I have found on the forums I decided to make a post. Side story, This pc has been bought 2 hand. I have looked everything over and all looks to be right. But I can possibly be wrong. I have been out of the pc stuff for a long time and got a wild hair to do another gaming rig. Anyways, I think I'm having a driver issue.

All of my stuff did show in icue, my sorsair strafe rgb keyboard, ram, h100iv2, commander pro and lighting pro. Even my dark core mouse when I had it.

Sometimes I would have issues with the fans going back to the default rainbow colors after my profile was made. Normally a reboot. Would fix the issue.

Well today I upgraded from my 1050 ti card to a evga 1080 ti hybrid. Is the only thing that has changed.

About after a hour into gaming my fan lights went back to the default rainbow colors. I normally have all my lights on static on white on a low opacity.

I loaded up icue and the h100v and lighting node pro are not showing in icue

After searching I ran usbdeviewer. I do not see the h100 or the LNP. I looked in my device manager under usb device. I don't see the corsair USB xp driver even listed. I didn't even check for hidden, since I just now thought of it. I'm not sure how, guessing it's fairly simple.

Fast boot is disabled, usb legacy is enabled and I don't have a XHCI handoff in my advance usb settings in bios.

I've uninstall icue. Reinstall icue and even install link.

No luck in being detected. The h100i color is still white from when I changed it. All my Temps are fine. I just can't see my pump speed now.

I don't have much on the pc, fairly new fresh install with, nivida geforce experience, games, msi burner, and somem monitor apps

Any info or screen shots need, info etc let me know. After 3 hours checking cables and reading threads online I just had to turn it off to take a break and head to my phone to type this up. I'll be grateful on what help I can get.

Did you possibly do a Windows Update in there anywhere? Have you tried reinstalling the USB Chipset drivers? Windows Update is notorious for narfing the USB drivers.

I think windows had a update last week?

I don't see a USB chipset driver listed on my downloads. Unless it's included in the Intel Chipset Driver pack. It's a small file.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-I-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

It should be in the Intel Chipset pack. You might also want to disable Windows Fast Startup.

I'll give it a go when I get home.

When I click on view downloads, it shows Intel Chipset pack 8mbs and another below it for Management Engine Interface. I think it's 65mb. I'm guessing the Mei might have what I need?

I already disabled windows fast startup in bios under boot unless another fast start up setting is elsewhere?

Oh to scratch a thing of the list, the mobo only has one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 header. So I couldn't swap to another header to test that out. I just unplugged all the connections and re seated them.

The chipset ... the management engine won't have what you need.

Check this out: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup. This is in Windows, not the BIOS. And it impacts device detection.

If you only have one USB 2.0 header, how are the two devices connected? Note that you can also use an standard mini USB cable - just make sure that it's a full data cable as some are charging only.

I guess when i said header i mean the plugs on the motherboard its self inside. On the back i have plenty of ports. Hmm a reg mini usb data cable. I doubt i have one. Ill have to check or buy one to rule it out. That's the one that is plugged into the lighting node? i can just plug it in there and plug it to a port in the back to test?

Ok, got that option turned off in windows. As well updated the chipset. Re-started and no luck. My headset didnt deterct when it was plugged into the corsair keyboard but works now when i plug it in the back of the mobo after switching that off. ill try uninstalling icue and see if that helps after doing those other things. Still no corsair usb in device manager or hidden

I'll double check them when I get home from work. I had to run in for a few hours. I actually didn't reset those plugs. I just pushed them in to make sure they were secure. I'll need to trace everything down and write it down since I wasn't the original builder. It's just off that all was working pretty much. I put in the new gpu and a hour later that aren't.

Anything else you can think off I'll add it to my to do list. I really appreciate the help and fast replies.

Ok I manage to find a mini USB cable. I plugged it into the LN and back into my mobo. My fans showed up in my icue as well in usbdeviewer. They can be controlled as well. I unplugged it and put the original back and it goes back to the default rainbow color.

The h100i doesn't show yet. So I assume something isn't plugged in?

Yeah, we've confirmed that the NoPro works; that's good. So it's not connected via USB. That's odd ... I looked as your USBDeView and the CoPro's USB Hub (VID 05e3, PID 0610) looks like it's there and connected.

So ... from here, you best option is to see where those cables are connected (I'm assuming the Commander Pro) and make sure that they are on the headers correctly.

Question - for the Commander Pro, how is it being powered? Do you have any Molex to Sata adapters in the mix? What is the 3.3V reading for the Commander Pro in iCue?

Ok, I have triple checked every plug going into the fan hub,NoPro and Commander pro. All is good. I checked the USB from the commander pro to the header. It is connected and pushed in all the way.

As for power, no Molex connectors. Just the Sata plugs and nothing plugged in but the corsair stuff. The reading on the 3.3v in iCue is 3.33

So I done another check on all the connections lol. Made sure they are all connected properly, didn't skip a pin. Made sure pins aren't damaged.

Updated everything I could think of even if I already updated it. Bios, chipset etc.

Since I tried the regular mini USB cable to the lighting node. If I done the same to the h100 it would work as well?

If it does that means something is going on with the command pro? Either the cables going to the node, h100 or the pro USB pin connections?

The Commander pro is hard wired with the USB 2.0 plug. So if something was wrong with the 2.0 nothing would work correct?

Im just trying to figure out what the next step is.

I wish I had another USB 2.0 header on my mobo to swap them out.

Other then getting another mini USB cable and running the h100 and lighting node to the back of the mobo.

Yeah I followed that link and disabled Windows fast start. I'll check it again after work. Luckily a guy at work just built a system and has a extra lighting node, cables and such. Then I can test some things and rule them out. Even though the node did work via mini USB to usp port on the i/o shield.

I feel it's a software /driver conflict some how and I can't get it pin pointed.

Yes, the same thing would work with the cooler.

Do you have Windows Fast Startup disabled? See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Ok, I've had some time to try replacing cables and the lighting node. Even though the node works with a mini USB to the i/o shield. I figured why not. I'm getting the same results, no h100 or lighting node in icue.

Any ideas what is blocking those 2 from not being seen? I'm lost on what to do next besides wiping and started with a fresh windows install.

It just doesn't make sense why the h100 and lighting node can be seen when I plug it in the back.

Archived