Corsair Community

CX650M making weird loud sounds

vomy

Yesterday I was cleaning out my pc and decided to place the psu fan down as people say it's usually better. But after a while it started making this weird buzzing sound, similar as to this video:

[ame]

[/ame]

I've had this power supply for around 6 months now, and this is the first time its happened, and only when the fan is facing down. Anyone know as to the reason for this?

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my not even 1 month old cx550m power supply. After 2 weeks it was making that sound however, i recently flipped my power supply so the fan faces up and it makes no sounds for now. Just wondering if their is cause for concern?

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my not even 1 month old cx550m power supply. After 2 weeks it was making that sound however, i recently flipped my power supply so the fan faces up and it makes no sounds for now. Just wondering if their is cause for concern?

Same thing happened to me, I flipped my CX650M fan up after hearing that and the sound stopped. Was planning to put a PS shroud to hide the cables, but I'm leaving it face up so it doesn't make that sound. I never left it facing downwards for long so I'm not sure if it would cause a problem.

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee
If you guys are having these issues with the fan while the PSU is flipped down, definitely reach out to support. It's harder to diagnose when most people tend to flip their PSUs down, but it is of concern in case the fan is failing or if it's hitting something internally.

Archived