Corsair Community

Fan Question

Ejoyner13

I am using the Corsair h100i v2 and have my pump plugged into my cpu header and my pump fans plugged into the y splitter and in asus bios cpu fan is set to full speed. In the corsair link software in my liquid cooler window my fan is a constant 2700 rpm and super loud. I tried changing the profile but nothing works. In the motherboard I am seeing my 2 other chassis fans and there is a third fan showing up for some reason that I don't even have. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

It was a screenshot I took with my phone. Do you have any idea why that fan would be showing half my pump speed in that window? Do you have any idea why the fan rpm isnt changing when I change profiles etc? It is a constant 2700rpm and loud as all get out.

Thanks

Do you have any idea why that fan would be showing half my pump speed in that window?

Do you have any idea why the fan rpm isnt changing when I change profiles etc? It is a constant 2700rpm and loud as all get out.

The H100iV2 is connected to the CPU_FAN leader and reports half the pump speed to it so the BIOS thinks the CPU_FAN is working and does not issue a boot time error.

Post the CL4 [Home] tab + H100iV2 fan config panel screen shots.

No, as you failed to post the panel I asked for.

The H100iV2 is connected to the CPU_FAN leader and reports half the pump speed to it so the BIOS thinks the CPU_FAN is working and does not issue a boot time error.

No, as you failed to post the panel I asked for.

Did you happen to see the picture?

Did you happen to see the picture?

I asked for a screen shot and you posted another photo, it's also rotated trough 90° so a PITA to even read.

Post the CL4 [Home] tab + H100iV2 fan config panel screen shots.

Unless you post screen shots as I ask I am not inclined to try and help you.

If you change the mode to PWM % can you change the fan speed?

Well I will get a screen shot then. I can the cpu header off full speed in bios and change to turbo, standard etc, but when I change to pwm it just defaults back to DC

No, not in the BIOS, on the config panel

attachment.php?attachmentid=30056&d=1498704613

Just disabled fast boot and restarted. I still cant control the fan. 2700 rpm

You say 2700 RPM and then post a screen shot in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=909835 showing 1860 RPM in a different thread.

I don't know what to make of this. Clearly what you say may not be correct.

It's also too hard to track all the different threads you keep creating for no good reason and I feel you should just be using one thread.

Further before posting you should search for answers, do a search for "duplicate fans reported" or "extra fans recognized" (select "Show Posts") :idea:

I am sorry for the confusion, but I was troubleshooting and started getting things to work while waiting for a response. I plugged the pump into my aio header on my motherboard and one of the fans from the splitter into the cpu header and left the other one in the splitter and was able to control fan speed from corsair link at that point. Everything was working perfect, but then I noticed the duplicated fans showing up and posted a screenshot. I am not trying to annoy anyone or create confusion. I am not sure if how I am connected is a viable way, but I just figured I would give it a shot.

Archived